Some New Lions

stormy

Okay, I started working on the lion issue. The original ones I've done are absolutely huge. This time I decided to go on a smaller scale (at least in real life), to conserve paper and time.

Also got some more file dump space through my ISP (lycos is starting to get a wee bit full).

Anyhow, here's the first of the new lions. I scanned it as black and white, but haven't done anymore cleaning on it. It should be too hard tho, if you're wanting a really nice crisp, artifact free graphic.

the first new lion

there it be. hopefully there will be more soon.

Cool.. this'll go well with my upcoming ToJ logo.. well its my first time i hope it turns out well
laugh.gif

okay, here are the other two (so, I did three instead of two). There's this one, which was actually the last one when I was shattered completely (it looks like a strung out junky lion) and the other one.

As aforementioned, this are totally raw scans. All I've done so far was get the image size to a manageable level, while still trying to maintain adequate resolution for a nice product when it's done. They're completely black and white, so editing should be fairly straight forward, especially if you're a pixel freak like me.

If you can think up any other ideas for something you'd like as a starting point for something, let me know. That's my thing.

Come on, Rizz, let's see what ya got. (and anyone else too ;) )

As I said in the other topic.. i'm the last place.. plz be patient.. besides I'm jus experimenting.. If it ever turns out to be pretty nice.. i'll try uploading it here (i'll proly start up with a horrible one.. and edit it to be better and better)

cool.gif
I've done my part fer now. Whatever y'all come up with will be cool beans. Have been impressed with most of it so far.

I hope it WILL be a cool beans.. so far it's turned out to be a rotten ole bean
rock.gif
tounge.gif

I haven't seen u alot on IRC these days? hopefully ur doing well stormy?
biggrin.gif
same w/ couple of our elder idlerz are disappearing
wow.gif

am around. just chillin', and takin' care of the business of life and stuff. don't have mIRC on this puter, so might be awhile til ya see me in real time.

i like the sideways one... i think im gonna use it.. was the nose actually that long or does it look funny on my monitor?

yes, it's that long. but you can scrunch it up. I drew the three of em in about a two hour time, inking included. actually started one that I liked better than any of em, but ran out of paper to get a nice, complete head shot (the nose was perfect). I also figured, cuz they were all black, that you could just remove anything that was suspect without making it look like it was truly missing anything original.

Nick, I got space all over, tho I thank you. I really just need to glean out lycos. There's 50mb there, which is plenty for the stuff I store (mostly just graphics and the random mp3 that doesn't stay up long).

Well, pants. Anyway, fussing around. Have gotten this far so far. I know it's huge, but hopefully, if you're using IE to view it, you have that handy lil resize feature.

:eek: its got 3 heads...

you got a more defined version of the sideways one?. it gives me awful antialiaising

I like #5 too, but it hardly looks any different at all. I kinda thought we were going for something new and semi-unique from past stuff. ?

Awesome work, Stormy and Rizz.
biggrin.gif

I read the Product Art post before this one, so I was wondering where that awesome lion logo Rizz used in his sixth draft came from. *g*

Also, when the black and white line-art images are cleaned up and ready to go (i.e. final drafts), could somoene load them into Photoshop, separate the black and white into different layers and selections, save it as a PSD format, ZIP it, and upload it to my FTP? I'll take it from there and upload it to the ToJ site.

If you need access to my personal FTP, just e-mail me at tek7 AT toj DOT cc.

Again, awesome work.
biggrin.gif

hmm. could someone else separate em? I'm just not all that familiar with photoshop yet (I'm gonna take some tutorials, just a matter of money and time).

Back