Some stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormy

It's been a very busy time in good ol' Liberty, IN.  As usual, life is never dull.  I have a million things to thank God for, and it always seems kinda fussy to keep asking for things when I know He's got it covered.  That said, I have a prayer request.

My dad has been in and out of the hospital since June.  He had a heart valve replaced back then and a bypass.  Since then, he's had the same heart valve re-replaced, and has had an aortic bypass (after they randomly discovered that he had a 22 cm aneurysm on his aorta during unrelated surgery).

As of now, he's taken up residence in the surgical critical care ward (a new jazzed up term for ICU) in my home region of Grand Rapids, MI.  That's a 6 hour drive from here, so my contact with him (and my entire family) is really limited.

He doesn't know why God still has him on this planet.  The doctors are saying that no one has survived this far, so they're not sure what to do with him.  He has a systemic fungal infection (throughout his blood and everything) and his kidneys have basically completely shut down.  He's on dialysis and about fifty million other machines.  Through it all, however, he's coherent (I still think I'd rather sleep through what he's going through).

I don't even know how to ask you to pray.  I guess just do so as you feel led.

My grandma died a week and half ago now, and she was my mom's only close living relative other than my dad.  I'm not sure how mom's dealing with it, because she hides certain things really well, just like me (I wonder if that's a coincidence).

Also, through into the mix, my husband and I are back together.  (Exhusband?  how confusing), and I'll be registering for college next week.

Pray for my dad, and pray that some calm will come in the general life around here, if just for awhile so we can catch our breath.

Will do Stormy.

shadows are only cast by light, you just have to find it.

God is soooo cool and awesome i know He will give your mom confort and help your father to feel better, if its His will. God thank you for great people like stormy who always put their faith and trust in You no matter what. they are true encouragements to us.

Have a good night

Jesus Loves you, so do i

Spread the love

Thanx for the update stormy. i will certainly keep praying for you and your family. wondered where u had got to recently..
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back