Someone help me

G

guys I just recently began to delve into the world of CS mapping! woo-hoo! It's going good so far, but I'm in need of a bit of assistance. I need to know how to make a sewer. I got a tutorial offa Counter-map and I have followed it to the T about 300 times now and I cannot seem to get past this one part. So, if someone could just give me a brief explanation on it I'd love you FOREVER!!!!!

Sorry bro, don't know anything about mapping. Make it good, tho, ok? Lotsa nice textures and what-not...

smile.gif

I have no clue about mapping, but something that goes through my mind instantly is try making the sewer first, instead of the ground level ?

ahh thats a good idea goose i agree with u, but on the other had never ever listen to that newby elite ok chikn? he has no clue wats going on in his head or in his life
tounge.gif
just some advice for ya chikn lol jk elite lub ya man......................Hoosiers RULE lol

Maybe i should explain a bit....

Heres what i did...

1. Include the Half life main WAD found in the valve directory. (not esential but gives you tons more prefabs).

2. Go here...Prefabs Archive

3. Download any prefabs you want and load them into worldcraft using the prefabs factory.

Note: If you just use the cstrike main wad you can still use half life prefabs but they generally wont have any textures unless you do step 1 here..

Its where i got the bar/laser chamber/shoot through roof etc... for my map. Im too lazy tomake things myself. I did organise it all and edit it to be funky tho.

Get used to the ungroup command o_O

rgr that elite purdue is the answer
cool.gif
but notre dame is kool too w00t!

ya know what...I knew this was gonna happen. As soon as I posted this I went and decided I'd try one last time to get these sewers to work and gal-dernit...I did!!! Thanx for all the useless and useful input tho!! And hey Rizz...if I e-mail you a copy of my map so far..could you run it and see if there are some things to do to make it a bit better (it's my first map so I'm a bit shy about showing it to folks)? I'd love you forever if ya would buddy!!
laugh.gif

lol im not expert i made one map and have forgotten almost everything i learnt. The help file is very useful if you know what your looking for. I learnt how to carve and shape from it... very easy.

For anything that moves though download a prefab cos its just too much hassle to make it yourself.

rgr. will do then, although, I'm having a bit of trouble making the textures go onto things right. I d/l a BMW car to put into my map and the texture was fine outside my map, but when I put it in my map it went hay-wire and I couldn't get it back to normal. Oh yeah...wht's the ungroup tool do?

Basically when u get a prefab there is usually a lot of stuf altogether that you dont need. When selected the ungroup simply makes each element seperate. Then if you want just (say) the chair out of the dining room set, you select all the chair pieces (using CTRL and select) then group them together. You have a chair.. copy and paste it away.

As for textures, you have the apply texture button which is the brown cube if i remember rightly. This applies the texture to the whole selected object.

Now the cube below which is 3 colours (?) is a texture edit tool. Press this once and a popup window appears. Using this you can select each face for the object. For example you can have grass for the floor and sky for the rest of your main outer cube.

o0o0o0o

you mean im gonna have to think of something witty?

i might just be lame like zealot and type "pwned"

cool.gif

Back