STA Match - Tuesday May 12

Bakey

Opponent - Elemental Dragons
Map - cp_science2
Time - 9:30PM EDT

Elemental Dragons are cool guys, very friendly in the past. Their overall record in STA is 17-52, so they're not great, but if we don't take them seriously they do have enough skill to beat us.

Hope to see you guys Tuesday night.

I plan to be there and ready with Healgun and/or Flamethrower.

Magots!!! I'll have my shovel polished to a shine.

If anyone wants a bit of last minute practice, I'm going to be in the server tonight checking the map out. If there's enough interest, we can even password the server and extend the map time so we've got plenty of uninterrupted time to get a feel for the map.

I think I might make it Tuesday night. I will be driving back from out-of-town on business late afternoon Tuesday.

I will be happy to join in tonight, but I insist trying the map out as Pyro since that is my main class and I never really played the map last Thursday as that.

If anyone wants a bit of last minute practice, I'm going to be in the server tonight checking the map out. If there's enough interest, we can even password the server and extend the map time so we've got plenty of uninterrupted time to get a feel for the map.

I'll probably be joining you on that.

BTW we are the home team, so we want our server first I'm guessing?

· Home Team: The clan listed first (e.g. Clan Home vs Clan Away) This team is awarded the choice of deciding which team's server to use first, and for OT.
· Away Team: The clan listed second (e.g. Clan Home vs Clan Away) This team is awarded the choice of team color to use first, and for OT.

We may be in their server for round 2, but I can't find it's IP address anywhere.

BTW we are the home team, so we want our server first I'm guessing?

We may be in their server for round 2, but I can't find it's IP address anywhere.

I am actually thinking we may want their server first because some of our players may have ping issues. This should let us put players who cannot connect to their server in the second group so they may use our server (with it's known ping). If the opposite is true and player ping is better on their server we will get the benefit from it. (This is because we will be swapping out players.)

...Basically if Keero can't get into their server we will lose his awesomeness so it's better to know upfront :) .

Last edited:
Actually, I was thinking about sitting out of the scrims for a bit, I would rather have someone with a normal ping playing than me with mine. I don't mind helping with practices or if you have some no-shows, but otherwise, I'm enjoying my pub playing. :p

Actually, I was thinking about sitting out of the scrims for a bit, I would rather have someone with a normal ping playing than me with mine. I don't mind helping with practices or if you have some no-shows, but otherwise, I'm enjoying my pub playing. :p

Skill > Ping . Still if you feel that way I understand T_T . I still don't know how many other players pings will be effected by Elemental Dragon's server though. Also who knows if we will have the required players available at match time. If it's like our last practice you will probably be playing Keero XD.

The day I was to drive home from school got pushed back from today (Monday) to Tuesday. Because of this there is a significant chance that I will be either A. still on the road / not set up yet during our match, or B. too tired to play.

In any event I will show up if I'm available, and if not, good luck to you all.

Welcome to STA guys, toj.cc loses 0-8 against a much better {Elemental} team than their record indicates.

Server stats:

http://www.toj.cc/tf2/stats/ElementalR1
http://www.toj.cc/tf2/stats/ElementalR2

Server side demo:

http://toj-ftp.org/tf2/Elemental-cp_granary.zip

***EDIT***

Just talked to Harness, and he said this:

9:32 PM - Tr • Harness: granary is one of our best maps
9:32 PM - [toj.cc]Bakey: oh NOW you tell me XD

***EDIT2***

Thanks to you guys for behaving like gentlemen/adults:

9:32 PM - Tr • Harness: gg brotha... you guys are class all the way

Last edited:
I think that's the wrong demo, that is yesterdays (IIRC) practice round.

And man, I sound young over voice chat. xD I should play on the CC server. :p

Back