Standardized Steam Avatars?

Bakey

I just noticed that Active Resistance [AR] (who is in our TF2 league over in STA) has standardized avatars for all it's members, and I think it's kinda neat:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987162281

adb595e526fd7524eedd2a893d15449da34099bd_full.jpg

Should we make a standard Tribe of Judah avatar for all of us to use? Maybe the Lion's head logo with our tag or something?

Bad idea?

Yes, the icon for "Frenzy" is cool, but wouldn't it be cooler for us all to be rocking the SAME avatar promoting ToJ when we pub, play matches, etc?

Wut, the tag isn't enough for you people? :p

/walks away grumbling

Doesn't the tag [toj.cc] fulfill that purpose, Bakey?

I would also like our members to express their individuality a little, and since most members are consistent with their avatars, it helps members recognize each other.

I feel the tag already fulfills the desire you are describing, and implementing this standard avatar will make members lose something that they probably like.

I see where you guys are coming from, and I'm not saying standardized avatars are a GOOD idea, they're just an idea.

Anyone else want to weigh in here?

Personally I like it....perhaps we only make it standard for matches instead of all the time?

If you guys want to do something voluntary It sounds fine but I am not making it a rule. Getting people in TS and organized quickly in a timely manner is enough of a complication at match time already. Having to rush around swapping avatars would only compound this. We still have some people who have the tag spelled in an un-offical manner [Toj.cc] instead of [toj.cc] so I'd settle for getting them all the same if we do anything.

On a side note avatars don't always display on my scoreboard so it's somewhat pointless anyway.

Last edited:
I'd rather not, I really like my avatar, and it got deleted when my computer was reformatted. Since it was uploaded to my steam profile my avatar stayed, but there'd be no way for me to get it back if I changed it. I also like how different avatars add a bit of individuality to our members.

I'd rather not, I really like my avatar, and it got deleted when my computer was reformatted. Since it was uploaded to my steam profile my avatar stayed, but there'd be no way for me to get it back if I changed it. I also like how different avatars add a bit of individuality to our members.

Um, right click on your avatar on your community page online and save as? :eek:

I like mine personally, but that's just cuz I'm a big FLCL fan.

A standardized avatar could be cool, sure.

But Glenn/Frog/Kaeru represents all things honorable in JRPGs, so I'd be a little sad to switch avatars.

Back