Suggestion

Thaddius

Any chance we could get this added to the server? It would aleviate alot of grief of the Good CS'rs that play all jumping on one team. (kind of keep it balanced). What do you guys all think? It can be found HERE off of CS Central. I just wanted to throw this out there....

Cory

i have played on a server that had something like this, it is a good thing but can be annoyning when you are just having fun with some friends and you are always being switch ect.

on times like toj funnite, Admin can always turn it off, and i believe no fun nite was without an admin
smile.gif
so its all cool. If Elite or other admin can turn it on on pubbing occasions, it'll workout great.

I was playing on a server with this on as well. Very nice feature. It worked at least 98% of the time. It moved the strongest players to the weak team, or moved weaker players to the strong team. Very nice indeed.

The nice thing about this plug-in is that it balances teams by skill, not necessarily by numbers. I have played several servers with this feature. Yes, it can have its quirks. For example...in order to balance teams at times, it will kill someone that is alive in order to even the teams out. This doesnt happen that often, especially if a server is fairly full since there is at least one person dead on each team. I personally like the plug-in. Nothing is more aggravating than being on a team that is continuously getting slaughtered, yet no one on the opposing team has guts enough to switch to even things out.

I dunno, I personally would hate to be the person getting slayed to be moved to the other team. And I absolutely dread the whining and complaining of players who were moved...

Does anyone else have any experience with this? Also, where can I get it? Send me a link and maybe we can try it out for a day or two...

Thats true, but think about those who just got the game, think when we were so nubby and were looking up to others to teach you, think about when u were always stuck with the nubby team who stood no chance against those who were better? (i still am stuck in the n00b section
tounge.gif
)

I dunno, my suggestion is, make a public poll, see how the vote turns out, then try it on the server. If there are too many complaints, then we have an option of taking it out, or askin the admin to turn it off. I say go with the poll for now. All up to you Elite
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also, where can I get it? Send me a link and maybe we can try it out for a day or two...

dude...there is a link to it in the post to start this thread....

Cory

Elite man i say go with it, if people are playing for stats then they will whine, but if people are playing to have fun then what does it matter? we do it to encourage team play and give everyone a chance, not so one person can say

Look at me i roxzor j00 soxzor i am the 1337357 thing in the world now no one can beat me hahahhahaha

we do it so that the n00bs like me who go 0-28 can say

GG and mean it because we had fun cuz we won a round or 2!!!

Edit

on a lighter note i just read your sig Elite

Does that mean if i seak Gods kingdom first then i will become
TheElite
CS Chapter Leader
CS Server Admin

and

www.toj.cc

LOL
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheElite @ Jan. 17 2004,8:00)]Er, sorry...the link was so small I didn't see it. Thanks...

sad.gif
Sorry. I guess that I came across pretty tacky in that reply.  Posting at 5 am on a saturday before heading to work doesn't do very well on the people skillz.

cool.gif

Cory

Hahaha I heard that...I was at everyones neck on atl forums this morning due to no sleep (running on 28hrs of none). That didn't go over well and when I went back this afternoon I was wondering what I was thinking (or if i was) this morning.

Guys, I have seriously been working on this script. There's a lot more to it and I'm really trying to understand everything. I like what I see so far and may have it implemented by week's end.

Excellent news Elite. I'd love to help try it out and see how many times I get switched to the 1337 team to bring them down a notch. LoL
biggrin.gif

Back