Sunday 25 January, 2015

ursen

Officer SOE/LoE/Where's "here"?
[ Meditate on These Things ] Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
Philippians 4:8 NKJV

After spending 6.5 hrs in a VA ER today this verse is tough to do, but it is a command no matter how our day is going or has went.

So sorry for whatever problem led you there but considering it was the VA, it was an ER and you only spent 6.5 hrs there, I think this verse would be better.

Psalms 150:6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

It didn't help that they were running the ER with 4 nurses and 1 Dr. They treated 7 people in 5.5 hrs, then it took another hour to get prescribed medicine. And this is a large medical facility backed up by a medical school. Very, very hard to do either set of verses.

While I thank God we have access to medical care, without which my Mother would be long dead, I get rather annoyed by a society that thinks science is the end all be all and worships it. It's disproportional how media lionizes scientific achievement while ignoring what science doesn't know, gets wrong or fails at. Interestingly there is a word for "medical treatment fail" Iatrogenesis. Interesting because, one I can't remember hearing it until I found it a few months ago and two because it's one of the leading causes of death in America. It's pretty telling of humanity that the negligence, greed, mistakes, and limits within medicine are mentioned far less than how "amazing" science is. Humanity is flawed and science was conceived by humanity therefore it will always be flawed by inheritance. I'd thank a doctor when he does right but much more I thank God the doctor didn't mess up.

Last edited:
Agreed Gerbil, the one bright spot in all the pain and waiting was that the Dr seemed to be genuinely trying and appeared to care. Even when it was close to time for him to leave he lit up pharmacy to make them get my meds downstairs.

Yep there are some Doctors out there who do care or rather I should say people who happen to be Doctors. I thank one who has helped us greatly for free. It'd just be disingenuous to think everyone who takes the Hippocratic oath keeps it or even wants to keep it. They aren't any different than any other person. All are subject to sin.

Last edited:
Back