Tags?

Shagz

Hey guys,

Nice gaming with you, stumpt (that was you AmusedToe, right?) and CS on the weekend. I got a screenshot of CS and I defending the Mother Ship.

I just wanted to know how many ToJ'ers are using the [toj.cc] tag? That's what I've been using to track players down, but CS and stumpt were not using their's. If you're not using 'em, post your alias here so that I can add you to my buddy filters.

Cheers!
[toj.cc]Shagz

No, it was not AmusedToe.  It was plain ole me, stumpt, from a year or so ago.  I have been inactive for a while due to real life (read...14mo toddler).  Anyway, I picked up UT2004 and thought of you guys.  found ya with the tag.  Glad you didn't screenshot my score
tounge.gif

I use my tag about 99.9% of the time. I started an offline tournament and I had changed my name. Also When I try to use the irc chat channel in UT with the . in toj.cc it doesn't let me connect to the toj channel.
It was great playing the other nite with fellow ToJ'rs.
Stumpt it had been quite a while playing against-with you.

Sorry about the name confusion, I think in the past I kept seeing those names appearing together in the same sentance or something. :p

BTW, stumpt, I added you to the roster

Well, I'm glad you like me so much that you think other people are me.
biggrin.gif

I'm always amusedtoe or Echelon though.

I'm just plain "James"; Usually on Atari East Onslaught servers or DAWGA.

I didn't even know we had offical tags for this group. This is the first I've heard of it...
rock.gif

I doubt many people will recognize the ".cc" as a domain suffix.

It has been my experience that stuff like that usually represents special ranks in clans. For example:

.cc would probably be taken to mean Clan Captian.

The brackets don't bother me, it's the .cc I think should go. Then you could do like:

[ToJ]Player

or

ToJ|Player

But if you all use it I will follow suit. Just thought I'd mention it.  
wink.gif

That may be true, but I was talking about in the game.

Example: Back in my Quake II days on the old Mplayer and Heat.net, I would see many players with tags like

QWE.fr Player

Now we all know ".fr" is a domain suffix for France, but for the QWE clan, it means "Foreign Relation", a special area of that clan. The gamers recognized it as such.

This tradition has carried on to Quake III and is also being used in Half-Life and other games.

Besides, I don't really see the need to have the .cc there, lest we simply look like one gigantic advertisement and have the opposite effect of what we are intending.

James, re: the ToJ|Player and [ToJ]Player variants...believe me, there has been *much* discussion in the past over just what the tag should be. In the end, the decision came down from high (Tek actually) and we all agreed on [toj.cc]Player, so everybody, regardless of chapter, now uses that tag.

You make some good points, maybe bring it up in 6 months when we go through another clan tag identity crisis.
smile.gif
It was tough enough to get everybody to agree on what we have now, I'm not sure we're ready to stir it up again.

At any rate, it seems to work with the Counter Strike group, who are by far the biggest and most active ToJ chapter, and what's good for them is usually good for the rest of us, although if there really is enough of a demand to change the tag, UT2004 can be a splinter group.
wink.gif

Well, I didn't intend to cause any strife.. Just bringing my point of view to the discussion. Maybe I was the only one who saw the "dot-letters" being ranks of the clans.

Oh well. I've been using the tag for a week so I guess it's okay.

But now my name doesn't show on the Hellbender liscense plate when I'm driving, just "[toj.cc]Ja"
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagz @ April 28 2004,9:23)]Like I said, wait for the annual tag identity crisis.
smile.gif
Sorry, there probably won't be an annual tag identity crisis this year. My schedule just doesn't allow for it. -_-

Back