Take out maps?

LionOfJudah

Member, Dreamcast Fishing Guru
Arg was getting annyoning alot yesterday when i got on and all we played for like an hr was Awp_map and the Scout_map personally i think these maps are ok in very small doses because its all just sniping ( which i like the sig for personally) anyone else want to get these off the rotation so like when and if we wanted to play it an admin could just pull it up?

everyone seems to be voting for awp/scout maps recently and i get tired of it quicker than most. Its ok for a bit but it just seems to be on all the time..

Dunno what to do about it though

could do with losing vertigo too

could lose vertigo and fact, a lot of people clear out when pa_fact rolls around, problem w/ awp and scout map is they are on for 30 min once they start
however i doubt you can set time limits on individual maps
rock.gif

The general population in truth only likes 4 maps. De_dust, de_dust2, cs_italy, and awp_map. What can I says, no skillz.
mad.gif

Also ive found that since no one can agree on one map as soon as it gets to a new map, people start doing rockthevote. And then we go to a new map and the process starts all over.
tounge.gif

Dont get me wrong rockthevote is great since admins cant be on all the time, but maybe a longer time between rockthevote's if thats posible.

Just a thought
biggrin.gif

the problem with pa_fact is that there's not enough spawn points for when we have a full server (makes some folks die every rnd)

as for scout and awp maps, my only question is why are they right after one antoher. so we have 1 hour of those things when they get there via normal map rotation if it could be split up with something between them that would be nice.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Zealot @ Mar. 08 2003,4:57)]I'd rather not have de_nuke and de_vertigo personally..
what?!?

nuke is an awsome map!! people dontlike it cause you need good teamwork to win, and not one person can get most the frags.

come on people, theres more to cs then dust and aztec.

admin_cancelvote doesn't work ... and for the maps ... I've always believed that we should just run default maps, that way a lot more people would play on our server, and not have to worry about downloading the custom maps we have on our server. I too notice when maps like, tire, or fact, or something like that roll around, our server gets bare. I've always said, default maps, excluding maps such as survivor, torn, storm, paranesi, etc.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kidan @ Mar. 08 2003,11:34)]i lub piranesi...
yea, but getting people to play that map is like pulling teeth. Very good and large map, one of my favorites...but then again, I like prodigy and cbble
tounge.gif

cory

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Demon Hunter @ Mar. 08 2003,11:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Zealot @ Mar. 08 2003,4:57)]I'd rather not have de_nuke and de_vertigo personally..
what?!?

nuke is an awsome map!! people dontlike it cause you need good teamwork to win, and not one person can get most the frags.

come on people, theres more to cs then dust and aztec.
nuke just doesn't work on my computer period =/

/me smacks Z

Rizz is missing one of the better defuse maps out there.

Piranesi is a rather large map, lots of places to hide. lots of spots for gunfights. ample sniping space.

and it's not biased towards either side which is my fav. part of it.

ahh....i lub piranesi

we need to make our server 24-7 piranesi
biggrin.gif

Ok 2 things i think we should take all the non official maps or non objectives maps off the server rotation but leave them voteable. ALSO make it so you need more then four people to get a map vote. Come on most servers need 60% which is usualy 9 on ToJ, Make it at least 6.

Back