Take out maps?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (4t0p @ Mar. 08 2003,10:08)]could lose vertigo and fact....
wow.gif
Vertigo is awsome! I mean, I cant ever get a kill on it, but jumping off the edge ROX!

When there are 17 people on it only takes 4 votes, its always 4 votes to change no matter what, this should definitley(SP) be changed. That is less then 25% so if 4 people log on and vote for fact then everyone leaves...

That and i think only "custom" map on the server that i like is Cs_speedball because its a fast paced map, and all guns are used or can be used and its kinda fun, unless teams are stacks, and DE_rats is a funny novality map.

I say take all c ustoms off rotation and make them votable too.

Before I give my opinion, let me emphasize that it is only my opinion. It is not an executive order of any kind.

In my opinion, we should get rid of all novelty maps--especially awp_map and scout_map--and keep the controversial de_nuke. This is probably the only map in all of Counter-Strike, except perhaps for de_prodigy, that I can say that I honestly like. To call de_dust, de_dust2, and cs_italy "overplayed" would be a gross understatement.

Now, when I say "get rid of," I mean that we should take them out of rotation. With the exception of awp_map and scout_map, I think we should allow players to vote for those maps (there's a way to do this in Admin Mod).

BUT being a fan of custom maps, I believe that we should assign a few ToJ: CS members with broadband to download and test tons of new maps and get together to decide which ones would be best for a 16-player server. Novelty maps are all well and good for Fun Days (which I think we should make a regular event), but not in standard rotation. Whenever I see that the server is running awp_map or scout_map, I just head off to play TFC until it changes.

By the way, what's wrong with de_storm? de_survivor and de_piranesi I can understand, but de_storm?

rockthevote is the one that only takes 4 people when the server is full.

admin_vote_map takes just over 50% to get the map changed.

We should try to keep the "obscure" customs like pa_fact out of the rotation, but well known ones like awp_map, fy_iceworld, cs_assault_upc etc can stay in the rotation. When people vote for a map, that means either they have the map and want to play it, or don't have the map and wish to download and play it. Sticking it in the map rotation just shoves it down their throats, and if they want to stay on the server, they have to sit through a slow 6k/s top speed download. Not fun. Therefore the server clears out, and it's no fun playing when it's you and two other people, so you leave and so does everyone else. Complete server desertion.

personally i dislike Awp/Scout map VERY VERY MUCh iceworld is fun with like 8 people TOPS!. i mean sniping skills are important but there is only so much that you can "learn" on those maps, its like a college education you can be the best in the class but with no Real life experiance and be horrible at the job.... and Pa fact is a decent map i dont know why everyone hates it so much.

de-piranesi is the bestest map in the world *gives Tek the evil eye for doubting piranesi*

tounge.gif

as for pa_fact i dislike it cos there's not enough spawn points for a 16 player server I think you can only have like 12 or 14 people on it anyone else gets slayed because someone spawns ontop of them

Back