Teams auto-scramble after almost every round

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
:(

I know we sometimes have issues with one team roflstomping another, but I vote in favor of disabling the auto-scramble after almost every round.

We were playing on pl_upward, having a grand ol' time, and after we won the round, the teams were scrambled. And it wasn't even a roflstomp (IMO).

The scramble hated me. 3 payload maps in a row and I played defense every round. Just once I wanted to be on blu.

I can disable it if you guys want me too but it puts more emphasis on each have of us being responsible and team switching when the game is unbalanced. EDIT: Hmmm not sure how to disable it prior to the last update I find nothing but the new auto-scramble feature was added last update. I am not sure what it does "new". I'll mess with it but the only way to test it is with players on the server I think mp_scrambleteams_auto 0 should kill it...

While we are on the subject of balancing teams I think some people are too quick to call teams unbalanced. See maps like Dustbowl or Goldrush with 3 stages are meant to be played together as the clock time is shared between them. The earlier stages being easier to take by design means if you get rolled on one section it's not necessary accurate of a team's skill. It's also a big question of class balance not just player balance.

Last edited:
While we are on the subject of balancing teams I think some people are too quick to call teams unbalanced. See maps like Dustbowl or Goldrush with 3 stages are meant to be played together as the clock time is shared between them. The earlier stages being easier to take by design means if you get rolled on one section it's not necessary accurate of a team's skill. It's also a big question of class balance not just player balance.
/agree

And I didn't realize the auto team scramble was part of an official update. I thought it was a function of a SourceMod plugin.

/agree

And I didn't realize the auto team scramble was part of an official update. I thought it was a function of a SourceMod plugin.

Ah well that explains why I couldn't find it I thought it was part of TF2 >.< . Apparently I put it in so long ago I forgot it was, sorry (I do keep links to them for just such a reason though). I will remove it. I wonder if we should try Valve's solution then?

Wondering why the server is jumping to so many custom maps too. I don't mind a new one here or there but srsly, it goes to some weird ones.

Wondering why the server is jumping to so many custom maps too. I don't mind a new one here or there but srsly, it goes to some weird ones.
I noticed the server loaded cp_glacier abnormally often the last 2 days. Not sure what's up with that.

I noticed the server loaded cp_glacier abnormally often the last 2 days. Not sure what's up with that.

People wanted it, so I changed the map to it, once there, they mildly liked the map.
Will try to avoid changing to that map if you guys don't like it.

People wanted it, so I changed the map to it, once there, they mildly liked the map.
Will try to avoid changing to that map if you guys don't like it.
I like the map. I was just wondering why it was in play so frequently the last few days.

Back