technical difficulties

ChickenSoup

Banned
I bought BF2 last night (Friday) and installed. I tried to run it, but as soon as the intro video is done and I come to the "Play single player on EASY/Play Online" main screen the game freezes, I can't move the cursor, it locks up, and the desktop pops up and says the graphics card isn't responding or something. I updated the game with the latest patch but this has done nothing. HELP!!!

I have an ATI Radeon 9250 PCI bus with 256 MB DOR (so it says on the box.)

Can I update the drivers to fix this, and if so can someone post a link to where I can get the update? I can't find it

Here's what ea said:

Note that if you have a ATI Radeon 9200 PCI card (this does not apply to AGP or PCI Express cards), you may experience this issue even after updating your drivers. Although this card meets the memory requirements for running the game, when tested it was not able to run the game with a stability adequate enough to make the official supported video card list in the Readme for the game. Updating your video card drivers as well as your motherboard firmware may help to resolve this issue. Please refer to your video card manufacturer for further instruction.

???

It plays everything else VERY well. I don't see why it doesn't work with BF2 (I play BFME:2, SW: Battlefront 2, and a few others with almost max graphics)

Egad! 1 4/\/\ $|_|(|-| 4 /\/00|3!!!!

:rolleyes: thanks for your help. Anyway, I am pretty sick right now (no, not "gross" sick, "sinuses draining and headache and can't walk without spinny head sick :( )

Oh yeah forgot I got drivers but of course the game still doesn't work.

The only ATI that doesn't work is, of course, the 9200 series, which I happen to have. Whoop-dee-doo.

It's under warranty, we're mailing back to EA

NOTE TO ANYONE BUYING BF2!!! ANYONE WITH A ATI RADEON 9200 OR 9250 CANNOT PLAY BF2! WIKIPEDIA SAID SO!!! ...only I forgot to check wikipedia before I bought it

Back