TF2 Competitive Play - Sign up here

Bakey

Let's try and keep this thread clean, please. What I'd like to see are the following four things, and I'll post myself so you guys can see what I want.

Just to clarify, I'm posting my classes from best/favorite to worst/least favorite. If the class isn't posted, I wouldn't seriously play it in league matches.

Also, the difference between league play is that leagues run matches on the same night every week. Ladders leave it up to the teams to decide what nights matches take place, making it harder for some people to schedule, but easier for others.

The preferred formats would be 8v8, 6v6, or 9v9 Highlander. Highlander is where you play 1 of each class and you must stay that way for the entire match.

We will also need your steam ID to add you to the STA roster. This may be gotten by starting TF2, joining a server and then typing status in console. Your steam ID number will look something like this STEAM_0:1:23456789. It may be PM'ed to The Mighty Gerbil if you do not wish to add it here.

Best Classes: Medic, Soldier, Pyro, Scout, Heavy, Demo
Best Night for Matches: Tuesday or Sunday
Preferred Type (League or Ladder): League
Preferred Format: 8v8
Steam ID: 0:1:23456789 or PM it to The Mighty Gerbil

Edit By Gerbil: Any players wishing to be on the scrim team must have first played a few games with me so I may know how to place you in it (and so I know you understand the basics). Beyond the basics, and a players attitude, a player's skill will not be the determining factor for joining but skill will let you play more. I intend to substitute a few players during a match but will retain the top scorers as not to substitute the whole team. More determining of how much you will play will be the availability of a certain class. If we have a lot of pyros and you only play pyro you may have to share it no matter how good you are. Also while I will attempt to give everyone a chance to play there will be times we have more players than space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Classes: Soldier, Engineer, Pyro, Demo
Best Night for Matches: Tuesday or Thursday

Best Classes: Soldier, Heavy, Medic, Pyro (best, but getting bored of them)
Best Night for Matches: Any day until June
Preferred Type (League or Ladder): Ladder
Preferred Format: Any

I am open for pretty much any type of competition.

Best Classes: Soldier, Medic, Heavy, Spy
Best Night for Matches: Somewhat flexible
Preferred Type (League or Ladder): No preference
Preferred Format: No preference

Best Classes: Medic, Pyro, Soldier, Engineer, Demo, Heavy... Basically anything except Spy (Although medic is my best)
Best Night for Matches: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday
Preferred Type: League

Best Classes: Medic, Pyro, Soldier
Best Night for Matches: Tuesday, Wednesday
Preferred Type (League or Ladder): No preference
Preferred Format: 6v6

I may start attending a local writers workshop on Thursday night. If I decide not to attend the workshop, Thursday will be another viable option, but less preferable since Friday is my wife's long day at work.

Last edited:
Best Classes: Pyro, Scout, Soldier, Heavy
Best Night for Matches: No preference
Preferred Type (League or Ladder):No preference
Preferred Format: No preference

I will be gone some of May, and almost all of June, assuming I get the funding together for my study abroad program.

Last edited:
Best Classes: SPY, medic, pyro, heavy, tolerable in the rest if called for.
Best Night for Matches: Unknown - I have no schedule whatsoever
Preferred Type (League or Ladder): League (This is my personal preference. It may not serve Toj best IDK)
Preferred Format: as large as we can accommodate on a regular basis

It's a good idea to have another more formal one of these threads ^^.

Last edited:
Best Classes: Demo, Engineer, Soldier, Medic, Spy, Pyro average at the rest of classes and will play if needed.
Best Night for Matches: If I told you now it would probably change in a week or so with school getting out and working more.

Best Classes: Demo, Soldier, Spy, Scout, Engy (can play a solid Pyro or Heavy if needed)
Best Night: Mon-Thurs
Preferred Type : League

Best Classes: Sniper, Engy, Soldier, Heavy, Scout, Pyro, Medic, Demo, Spy
Best Night: No real one good night, but usually around any night for the most part
Preferred Type: League

Best class: Medic. By far my best class, I really wouldn't be interested in playing anything else.
Best Night: Monday or Tuesday
Prefered Type: League

I want to pick up playing TF2 again this summer... so I'll post!

Best class: Pyro...
Best Night: I am unsure of my schedule, but over the summer it will open up.
Prefered Type [League or Ladder]: Either
Preferred Format: Any

Best Classes: medic, pyro, soldier
Best Night for Matches: non in particular yet.
Preferred Type (League or Ladder): league
Preferred Format: 8v8 +

Best Classes: Engy, Spy, Medic, Pyro
Best Night for Matches: mon-wed, fri and sun (usually, depends on when i have band practices)

Best Classes: Pyro... (I am trying to be good at Demo, but we'll see.)
Best Night for Matches: Monday through Friday nights good. Sunday and Saturday nights bad.
Preferred Type (League or Ladder): No preference. I just want to BBQ other teams.
Preferred Format: The more, the better.

Best Classes: Pyro, Engineer, Heavy, Medic.
Best night: Anything after 9 PM EST.
Prefferred Type: League
Preferred format 8V8

best classes: Demo, Engi, Scout, Medic
best playnight:Tuesday. Anything other than tuesday - except for wednesday thursday and sunday - works, but I am liable to miss it if I forget about it
prefered style: League
prefered match size: 8v8, 6v6

Best Classes: Pyro, Medic, Heavy, Demo
Best Night: Any except Tuesday
Preferred Type : don't care
Preferred Format: don't care

Last edited:
Best Classes: Spy, Sniper, Soldier and Heavy
Best Night for Matches: Sunday or Monday other nights after 9:30pm est.

Back