TF2 Gamenight - Custom map style!

I also had quite the time playing last night, though my computer found a way to crash and need a reboot. Though I needed to get things done around the house before work the next day anyways. Definitely up for another go around soon. I still have a few kinks to work out on my sniping skillz :)

I still have a few kinks to work out on my sniping skillz :)
<sarcasm>Oh, yes, your game was SO weak last night. You only sniped me 13 times instead of 15.</sarcasm>

re: cp_labor....yea, that's a good one. Not sure why I didn't flag that one as one to be added to the custom map pack. It's in my map folder, but I didn't put it on the server. Next time...

Some one else was mentioning a map called "rats" on voice com? I quick google-fu didn't return much other than people talking about the map, but no links or screen shots. By the sounds of it, it's one of those "giant room/toy soldier" maps? :( (I don't have much, if any, love for toy soldier maps)

Icthus, got a link for Toy Fort and the version of Snow Fort you mentioned?

(Oooo, a new version of Mach came out! Vilepickle also dropped a port of Impact, which, if memory serves, was a rather large map)

EDIT: Mach3 is pretty nice: it's better looking, and a touch bigger all around.

---

I agree with most people's thoughts on Dirtwork, seems like the map was Scout/Engineer crazy. (Although I did have fun as a demo man, gren jumping in and out of the base to cap) Sno Fort (no "w") should be struck 'cuz of the afore-mentioned file size.

Having thought about it a bit more, here's my winners/losers:

Winners: Freezers, Turbine, Lazytown, Castles, Mach2
Losers: Dirtwork, Sno Fort
Like, but no else does: Warpath, Wolf

Keep the feedback coming guys, we'll pull it all together and add the faves to the map list.

---

EDIT: For Elihu (and Tek and anybody else), here's the screenshot I grabbed of Tek and Onesubject (not Nickel) pwning me. (Tek's the medic; dunno who the NG was)

Last edited:
Great night of gaming. Thanks to everyone for having me.

Personally I like Warpath and Lazytown. Both tend to go on forever, but the combat is fun and frantic so I'm ok with that.

I didn't like dirtwork at all(To scout and engy heavy), and I didn't like castle very much, but it may have been better with a few more people.

Three others that I found that I don't think we played:
cp_labor (been mentioned but is a great map)
cp_science
cp_desertfortress

The last two I haven't tried myself but I have heard great things about them. They look awesome and the layouts are designed well

Last edited:
Back