"The Day Stitches Attacked Goldshire"

Weazel

This happened about two weeks ago, but it's just so cool that I still have to share it. Here is the link for your full enjoyment.

I still sort of remember what was going on at the time. I think I was questing in Redridge when either Exo or Bowser commented on how Goldshire was cluttered with skeletons. Only later did we find out it was from Stitches.

That was me, I went through and there was a pile of at least 30 or 40 people that had valiantly tried to kill stitches who was 30ish levels higher them they were.

People were complaining that this guy kited stiches into town. But when I last ran through darkshire, Stiches was walking on his own towards town as if it was a regular event. Isn't he supposed to raid the town? Or is that just some crazy quest where he comes close but never makes it?

Yeah. In Duskwood, he does it on a daily basis. What's funny is that someone trained him through three different countries all the way to Goldshire...the newbie town.

That's amazingly odd because this game is designed to avoid kiting. Once you run from a beast and you lose his aggro, he's running back to his original spot and you can't keep up. I guess stiches is just slow. Wierd. hehe

Yeah, he's slow.  If you keep hitting him though usually you can keep his aggro.

edit: I think that it's largely because the rules don't apply to Stitches. Rather than being a "controlled" creep he just runs around killing everybody in sight. Even after he's tapped you can still aggro him, you just gotta be standing nearby.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bowser @ Dec. 19 2004,12:12)]Yeah, he's slow.  If you keep hitting him though usually you can keep his aggro.

edit: I think that it's largely because the rules don't apply to Stitches.  Rather than being a "controlled" creep he just runs around killing everybody in sight.  Even after he's tapped you can still aggro him, you just gotta be standing nearby.
That's true of all mobs. If you're running away from any mob and you're still doing damage to it (Save damage from Thorns and the like) they will still chase you and you can pull them a far ways. That's how Stitches was pulled that far.

But most mobs have a point where the ai tells them they are to far from the spawn and they will either bug out or rush back to there spawn point. Some seem to have this limit set much further then others such as stitches or the gnolls in redridge that chase you forever.

The gnolls are a bug, period. But as I said before Stitches is an aggressive mob that is hostile to everyone. This is different from regular creeps because as soon as you attack a normal monster it only becomes aggressive to you.

Back