"The Grudge"

As to where in the spectrum of Wicca she fell... no idea. I suppose it's like when someone tells you they're a Christian. You have no idea whether they're Catholic, Protestant, Snake Handlers, etc. Sorry I can't clarify more, but thanks for the explanation-- I learn something new almost every day I visit here. :)

Thank you Jericho - it's a little oblique but I see where it's driving at! And I believe you are correct when you say that it's claiming that one who is possessed by the Spirit of God cannot be possessed by another.

You would not believe how many Christian missions on the internet are less knowledgable than yourself regarding Christian scripture. Now that I'm set straight, I'll concede that point, and thanks for the knowledge.

Bill, thank you for your answers. I understand that it can be difficult to tell which flavour Wiccan you're dealing with until you take a lick. Worst of all, many are like gobstoppers that wear different flavours in layers - so badly persecuted have they been, that obsfucation is a way of life for them.

Last edited:
To revive this thread, where do satanists fit in? I was always under the impression that wiccans and satanist were one in the same. One thing that I have run across as to the identities of the spirits doing the possesing, is that they are the spirits of the nephilim that perished during the flood. They werent allowed to rest for whatever reason and were cursed to roam the earth. I dont have a part of scripture for that description, but ill try and find one.

To revive this thread, where do satanists fit in? I was always under the impression that wiccans and satanist were one in the same. One thing that I have run across as to the identities of the spirits doing the possesing, is that they are the spirits of the nephilim that perished during the flood. They werent allowed to rest for whatever reason and were cursed to roam the earth. I dont have a part of scripture for that description, but ill try and find one.

It all depends on who you ask. As far as Christianity is concerned, wicca and satanism fall into the same category. If you ask some wiccans, satanists are actually a part of Christianity. Others will say they are two separate pagan religions.

Back to the topic of this thread though, I really think the thing to keep in mind for one who is saved is that we cannot be possessed or indwelt or such by something evil. Evil though does exist, it can make people do strange things.

The Christian faith invented Satan. Wiccan's do not worship Satan at all. In fact the modern vision of Satan is merely a corrupted version of one of the Pagan Gods that they were trying to stamp out the worship of.

If someone says they are a Wiccan and they worship Satan then they are either monstrously poorly educated (And therefore not a true Wiccan any more than a Christian who claimed to worship Loki would be a true Christian) or else they're lying to you or being sarcastic.

Eon said:
The Christian faith invented Satan. Wiccan's do not worship Satan at all. In fact the modern vision of Satan is merely a corrupted version of one of the Pagan Gods that they were trying to stamp out the worship of.

If someone says they are a Wiccan and they worship Satan then they are either monstrously poorly educated (And therefore not a true Wiccan any more than a Christian who claimed to worship Loki would be a true Christian) or else they're lying to you or being sarcastic.

Which Christians, I am a Christian and my version of Satan is that described in the bible, not that of that of the catholic rendition of a horned goat god.

Lucifer /Satan (Any fallen angels) are/is not the dark twisted figures of legend, they are some of the most powerful creatures in creation. They would resemble angels; hence this is what they once were.

Now I do not know what the enemy looks like for sure; but it is not the greek god of fertility. ( at least I highly doubt it) The enemy is not depicted by horns and hair , more a fallen angel who is a lair, thief and destroyer who delights in getting People to remove themselves for a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ!

Well, yes. But at the time that this perversion occured the Protestant church wasn't even a gleam in the eye.

Back