The map-making thread

Hey Starfury, welcome to StarCraft chapter. I'm the leader of this chapter.
biggrin.gif
so far I've used the same thing except that i have SCXE 2.6.. heres the nifty link i hav that works

SCXE 2.6

Welcome and i hope to see you around.. oh yeh and i gotta get gue edit :p

Hey what are the advantages of the ^above^ program vs Campaign Editor???

Id like to know b4 I dl it.

Yea, Im the map creator and Im completely lost when it comes to map making programs.... *sigh*

Lol i was lost too.. i didn't even know what a campaign editor once was.. LOL

That nifty program has a tweaked version of Campaign editors.. (besides making start location include the general wotsisname) You can add installation platform's Gun traps and missile traps (if you ever gone in a "Installation" platform you'll know what i mean. the traps pop out from the floor normally this can be added only in the installation platform, but this program lets yo allow to add them in any places. Also you can add wall version of them. You can stack units, and a lot more! I recommmend it. It won't ruin your campaign editor, you can jus click on campaign editor, and it'l open campaign editor, not the SCXE. So 100% safe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flash @ Sep. 30 2003,10:40)]Lol i was lost too.. i didn't even know what a campaign editor once was.. LOL
Ha, I didn't even know you could nuke when I first got the game. Finally learning how was just the coolest thing in the world. Oh, and cloaking Wraiths and Ghosts was just plain awesome, too. Wow, and then Broodwar came out: medics! lurkers! corsairs! - it seemed like everytime I turned around there was another surprise and the game just kept getting better and better.

my old old old old days... when i was like 12 i first got SC..

Sweet, im a terran! ooh whats this SCVS! wow they are runing around. (and about 30 min later i finally get my first marine, i get all excited..) sweet.. ohh craP WHATS THAT NOOOOO (base is basically being torn down by 10 zerglings -_-. lol

hmm, it would depend.. however it all depends on the map maker. I say choose any speed, try it out, if it doesn't work well, balance it out by either slowing/speeding it up
smile.gif
(thats wat i do)

Hate to say this but I havent really had time to make starcraft maps lately, let alone relax and play a game. So if someone is itching for my title as map creator I'll gladly let you have it:)

Dont think I wont be participating anymore though
wink.gif

lol@ flash. . . those are great memories
biggrin.gif

Hey There, I just sent in my application for joining as a member a while ago. And I came to the boards to check what was going on with sc.
So, I know I'm not a member, but I was wondering if I could ask what it takes to fill the role of map maker.

Basically if u can spend sometime to do some cool mappings for us to play on. Any maps, UMS, Melee, etc. If it's good enogh, Dead_Aim and i'll decide whether we'll use it on tournaments
smile.gif
. U have no time limits, just map freely, but you may wanna make some maps at least once in a while.

Seems like your very interested. I'm also looking for those who can use/download/find campaign editor's different patches(or hacked versions) to put some custom stuffs (not too necessary, but recommended.)

By the way Joelius, if your stressed out doing the school work and all, just take a break. Forget about this map making thingy, but u can stay as one. I can request u guys to be joint-map makers (But we don't want too many) i think having 2 is enough, since Dead_Aim and i are horrible at it
tounge.gif

Hey yeah, I would like to take the position if it's being offered.
So I'm thinking unless a request is otherwise specified I will just work on a couple ideas me and a friend have had. Please get back to me with some thoughts and opinions on that. Grace and Payce.

PS - I have a couple potential maps that could use some feedback, how do you want them sent...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (selajah43 @ Mar. 08 2004,7:26)]PS - I have a couple potential maps that could use some feedback,  how do you want them sent...
Send them to tek7 AT toj DOT cc and I can upload the maps to the ToJ web site when I get around to it.

Anybody ever think of making, a Biblical Related Map, ?? Like a UMS map with like Noah, ? lol ? That'd be nuts I mean..Does anyone know what im saying?? Shoot back the ideas

heh, nice Idea. I think I'll make noah a firebat, and you try to keep the infested terran(animals) from blowing up the ark. shoot, we can just throw in two of every sc unit and try to keep em from blowing up eachother! there be a big ol brawl. Missile shooting birds vs the acid spitting lizards, who gotta watch out for the elephants with massive tusks. Then we can have a queen infest a terran command center just like the dove and the olive tree but more blood... pure genius, I'll get right on that!

Hey, I have a map my friend created, it is huge, has tons of minerals and gasses, 8 slots including slots inbetween those that are raised (you can build on) and it's the only map my friends and I play on. :)

Chris

Back