The Microchip and the MARK of the Beast!

Mark 13:21-23
21And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:
22For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
23But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

It is that simple.

How many times have you over analyzed something?

All the time, all the time.

But that doesn't address the question.

Who's to say that Satan isn't the author of the Bible? How GREAT is he at deceiving? He tricked A&E out of the Garden of Eden didn't he?

You're making the bible out to sound like some sort of force field that will deflect Satan's wiles. Even with my limited intellect and wiles, I can figure out ways of using the Bible against God's followers. Maybe that's one of the reasons that there are over 1,000 sects of Christianity.

Don't get me wrong now, I'm not claiming the Bible is the work of the Devil, but if you claim he's so wiley, it's only logical to look at that as a possibility.

How do you limit Satan's wiles? How powerful is he?

How do you limit Satan's wiles? How powerful is he?

He is as powerful as you want him to be

You limit Satan's trickery by knowing the word of God. God provided all we need to combat Satan's illusions. I would imaging that those who are going through the reign of anti-christ will easily succumb to his rhetoric or recognize what he is due to the teaching of the Truth. There is only One who has fulfilled the all of the prophecy of Messiah.

Gen

You limit Satan's trickery by knowing the word of God. God provided all we need to combat Satan's illusions. I would imaging that those who are going through the reign of anti-christ will easily succumb to his rhetoric or recognize what he is due to the teaching of the Truth. There is only One who has fulfilled the all of the prophecy of Messiah.

Gen

Somehow I think there's more to it than that. If I follow that line of argument, then Satan has absolutely no power over me whatsoever, since I don't even acknowledge his existence.

I think Job is a good example of disrupting your argument as well.

Gen

Yes, but also, during those days the bible will be taken away from us :eek:
Amos 8
Thus hath the Lord GOD shewed unto me: and behold a basket of summer fruit. And he said, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A basket of summer fruit. Then said the LORD unto me, The end is come upon my people of Israel; I will not again pass by them any more. And the songs of the temple shall be howlings in that day, saith the Lord GOD: there shall be many dead bodies in every place; they shall cast them forth with silence.

Hear this, O ye that swallow up the needy, even to make the poor of the land to fail, Saying, When will the new moon be gone, that we may sell corn? and the sabbath, that we may set forth wheat, making the ephah small, and the shekel great, and falsifying the balances by deceit? That we may buy the poor for silver, and the needy for a pair of shoes; yea, and sell the refuse of the wheat? The LORD hath sworn by the excellency of Jacob, Surely I will never forget any of their works.

Shall not the land tremble for this, and every one mourn that dwelleth therein? and it shall rise up wholly as a flood; and it shall be cast out and drowned, as by the flood of Egypt.

And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord GOD, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day:And I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation; and I will bring up sackcloth upon all loins, and baldness upon every head; and I will make it as the mourning of an only son, and the end thereof as a bitter day.

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it. In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst. They that swear by the sin of Samaria, and say, Thy god, O Dan, liveth; and, The manner of Beersheba liveth; even they shall fall, and never rise up again.
I sure am glad Jesus Lives in me!
Revelation 19:13
He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is the Word of God.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

YAY JESUS!!!

How so to which part?

Zeena said that Satan is as powerful as we want him to be. Since I don't believe in the existence of God or Satan, Satan has absolutely no power over me whatsoever. I'm Satan free :)

As far as the example of Job, again, this was directed at Zeena's statement. It didn't matter how much stock Job put in Satan, God let him have free reign over Job. Now, if Satan is god of this world, as you believe, then it doesn't matter how much you downplay his power, he still has plenty of power to exert over you.

Not quite off topic but...

To the parents out there, would you consider microchipping your children? How much does the "mark of the beast" thing sway your decision?

Zeena said that Satan is as powerful as we want him to be. Since I don't believe in the existence of God or Satan, Satan has absolutely no power over me whatsoever. I'm Satan free :)

AH, but just because you do not beleive in Satan does not mean he cannot have power over you. :p He is the Prince of the Air after all.

AH, but just because you do not beleive in Satan does not mean he cannot have power over you. :p He is the Prince of the Air after all.

What does the Prince of the Air have to do with anything?

And, as I have stated, my answers were directed solely at Zeena's statement. Don't read more into them than what was intended.

How so to which part?

As far as the example of Job, again, this was directed at Zeena's statement. It didn't matter how much stock Job put in Satan, God let him have free reign over Job. Now, if Satan is god of this world, as you believe, then it doesn't matter how much you downplay his power, he still has plenty of power to exert over you.

I mearly quoted Genesis1315 as saying that..

I do agree that that devil has authority over mankind, but not over the Lord, for He is greater, and HE Lives in me :D

The reason Job's faith was tried in such a manner was because He did not acknowledge God's Might :eek:

Last edited:
To the parents out there, would you consider microchipping your children? How much does the "mark of the beast" thing sway your decision?

I'm not a parent (and won't be for another 10 years) but I have a couple of goldfish and I'd consider microchipping them.

Somehow I think there's more to it than that. If I follow that line of argument, then Satan has absolutely no power over me whatsoever, since I don't even acknowledge his existence.

I think Job is a good example of disrupting your argument as well.

I beleive that you are right in that, if one might say that Satan is only as powerful as one wants him to be, then against an athiest, Satan would have no power. I would suggest ammending the original statement to say that Satan only has enough power over us as we allow him to have. Satan can tempt us and even inflict pain upon us, but we can combat it with the Word of God, which is the Bible.

"10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ehpesians 6:10-18

Jesus gave us power to cast out demons. "And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues" Mark 16:17.

The way that Satan attacks us the most is by tempting us to sin and fall away from God (even if we have never accepted him before). We have hope against that too: "13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." 1 Corinthians 10:13. We do need to recognize that we are being tempted before we can combat it.

If we do not beleive in the demons, they still have power over us. They just have even more power over us because we choose not to accept thier existance and thus do nothing to stop thier attacks upon us.

Since I don't believe in the existence of God or Satan, Satan has absolutely no power over me whatsoever. I'm Satan free:)

So you would think and thats fine by Satan but in the end you will believe and then though its to late.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. :)

Am I worried? No. Why?

There is a marvelous anecdote from the occasion of Russell's ninetieth birthday that best serves to summarize his attitude toward God and religion. A London lady sat next to him at this party, and over the soup she suggested to him that he was not only the world's most famous atheist but, by this time, very probably the world's oldest atheist. "What will you do, Bertie, if it turns out you're wrong?" she asked. "I mean, what if -- uh -- when the time comes, you should meet Him? What will you say?" Russell was delighted with the question. His bright, birdlike eyes grew even brighter as he contemplated this possible future dialogue, and then he pointed a finger upward and cried, "Why, I should say, 'God, you gave us insufficient evidence.'"
Al Seckel, in Preface to Bertrand Russell on God and Religion

I beleive that you are right in that, if one might say that Satan is only as powerful as one wants him to be, then against an athiest, Satan would have no power. I would suggest ammending the original statement to say that Satan only has enough power over us as we allow him to have. Satan can tempt us and even inflict pain upon us, but we can combat it with the Word of God, which is the Bible.

I'm sorry, but I'm not willing to accept that supposition.

If that were the case, NO Christian would ever be in pain.

How much pain would you allow Satan to inflict upon you? I think most people would answer NONE, yet pain and suffering still strikes Christians.

Originally Posted by Dark Virtue View Post

For the record, I am not microchipping anything. Separate from the whole "mark of the beast" thing. It is my responsibility as a parent (and pet owner) to responsibly care for my daughter and my pets.

The thing is, as far as the anti-christ is concerned, you have two options, take the mark or die.

Gen

The thing is, as far as the anti-christ is concerned, you have two options, take the mark or die.

Gen[/QUOTE]

I'm not taken no mark on my hand or forehead because I'll be long gone when that trumpet blows. LOL CYA IN HEAVEN! Even so come Lord Jesus come.:)

For the record, I am not microchipping anything. Separate from the whole "mark of the beast" thing. It is my responsibility as a parent (and pet owner) to responsibly care for my daughter and my pets.

What about Lojak? Isn't that along the same lines. Sure, I'm responsible for my car, but if someone steals it, it's nice to know the chip is there.

Doesn't that seem just a LITTLE far fetched in our current age?

Back