The new get to know your guildies thread

Manyik

Ok only rule is we will be changing the question at approximately midnight CST every day. starting Sunday night/ Monday morning.

Without any further confusion here is the first question:

Do you think there will be a woman president in 50 years? explain.

Do I think, maybe. Is it outside the realm of possibilities, certainly not!
I think it is quite possible, the right women just have to step up to the plate. some of the wisest people I know are women. I look forward to seeing it happen, because a woman would most likely have a much different leadership style. Women are just by human nature more compassionate then men, I believe a woman would make better decisions because more often than not, they tend to think situations through more thoroughly than most men. Face it guys, we're impulsive. Plus women are more compassionate by nature and I would be more likely to give my vote to a woman than most men. This all of course can only happen if we can rectify the sad state the country is in relative to the way we are divided and continue to get worse. Lets face it, the country is becoming increasingly partisan. Perhaps all we really need is a good woman president to help us realize what a great country this once was. That being said, I would also like to say that there are also certain women out there who could never earn my vote *cough*Hillary Clinton*cough*.

Women are just by human nature more compassionate then men, I believe a woman would make better decisions because more often than not, they tend to think situations through more thoroughly than most men. Face it guys, we're impulsive. Plus women are more compassionate by nature and I would be more likely to give my vote to a woman than most men.

I must disagree with the impulsive part. I've seen a lot more impulsive things done by my mom than my dad, for example...

on the fact that women are more compassionate and emotional, I would be LESS likely to vote for them to a leadership position. compassion is a support role, not a leader role. a leader needs to make harsh decisions, not always ones that make people feel good. Poor people don't get enough money. raising the minimum wage sounds nice, right? definitely a compassionate choice. guess what? less people for "minimum wage" jobs can be hired, prices go up do increased wages and poor people have to pay more. congratulations, you've just increased unemployment, inflation and poverty rates.

The more I watch society, the more disdain I have for choices that are made out of feelings rather than logic and reason.

now, I think we will have a woman president within 50 years and I will vote for one if I think she can do the job.

Next question:

If you could be a superhero, what powers would you have and what would your name be?

the top three powers are definately (in this order) healing ability (such as wolvarine), flight, and invisibility...as far as my name...ummm....well i dont have that figured out

I'm such a girl here. I want the power to make people feel better. Well, that and to fly.

And the name? What's wrong with Maid Mirawyn?

Next question:

What was your most memorable toy? (ok here is your first chance to seriously date yourself)

Kel's was a white wolf stuffed animal named Lightening. When she was little she wanted to grow up and have two wolves a grey one named thunder and a white one named Lightening. Now in game she has Thunder.

Rho's was his Atari 2600. Boy did I waste a ton of time in front of those low res games.

YES LEGOS!!! I loved those things than came to me the Commadore 64 past it's prime :)

haha. Lego pirates is classic.
I still have my "masterpiece" creation, a lego starship made from scratch.
equipped with escape pods, positionable wings, cargo bays, landing gear and a secret compartment for a droid. and it looks cool.
man, I love that ship. I'd buy sets just for certain parts for it. haha.
I am so taking it on honeymoon.

A BB gun. I ended up going through three of them before graduating to a .22, then a 12 gauge, then a deer rifle.

Back