The next update...

[toj.cc]phantom;455964 said:
Oh apparently I can't play for an hour and a half...why does it matter if the Valve servers are busy when it comes to just starting the game? This is ridiculous!

Sooo new to Valve updates? :p

I loved the Meet the Pyro video and those new weapons and balance changes sound awesome. (Does this mean Tek can get a rocket-jump with Elihu now when using the Quick-Fix?)

I didn't know video card manufacturers had warranties like that. Yep, it runs nice, nothing above 55c. I got that specific card because of the reviews it got for cooling. And the price. XD

Last edited:
I loved the Meet the Pyro video and those new weapons and balance changes sound awesome. (Does this mean Tek can get a rocket-jump with Elihu now when using the Quick-Fix?)

Yup it sounds like jumping medics are going to happen. That's a big plus for the quick fix. You could like get in high areas and heal down on friendlies (being safe from backstabs), gain access to back door routes, etc. I can see raiding the Goldrush stage one attic being useful, things like that.

I didn't know video card manufacturers had warranties like that. Yep, it runs nice, nothing above 55c. I got that specific card because of the reviews it got for cooling. And the price. XD

I think EVGA and BFG both had lifetime warranties of some sort. EVGA has changed their terms recently though and it is only on select cards or cards bought before a certain date. Normally the 550 doesn't have a lifetime warranty but since my old card did it got brought over to it.

My client is done and our server is up.

PASSWORD "teenoj" attempting to join now.

Server is messed up (as per normal for Valve updates), pulled source mod, restarted it. We shall see how it goes. Blame Valve not Gerbil please :p.

Last edited:
Ok I've now removed everything I can, reset the settings to default and turned off replay. It's all I can do if it's not working now.

To our admins source mod is installed again.

Well even after the update I am fairly clueless as to the cause of our server problems. We were having crashes. They didn't seem to happen after I removed source mod but I've now updated and reinstalled it with no more crashes. It could have been the update that fixed it but we were only one snapshot behind and even then that version was not made for today's update which triggered the crashes. It will take further testing to see if the crashes come back though.

Then there was my mysterious total slowdown of TF2. At first I thought other users were experiencing it because it was a first with TF2 and because multiple game restarts did not fix it. Apparently only I had the issue. The only other thing I can think of is I had been having a similar slowdown with Deus Ex but min/maxing the window will make it stop. I did turn off Steam cloud on Deus Ex. I may turn off steam cloud for TF2 and see if it does anything but then it's working again for whatever reason.

Back