The Quest to Summon Nightbane...

Woven

Many of us are on the chain to summon NB.
If your interested in getting started and have the quest, post here.
(Others who are simply interested in Heroics, keyed & geared for them can post too, but those with the quest will be given priority)

Video of a group configuration that worked very well..(2 tanks, 1 mage and 2 healers) http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-384136192092775786&hl=en (That's right..1 dps..aoeing everything to death..)

I don't care if we have this exact setup.. We can do it multiple ways.., but obviously certain group makeups will be better than others.

copied from the other thread...

Unfair advantage - the main tank is a pally. I can't see his damage, obviously, but the arc-spec'd mage is doing some insane damage, too.

I don't have the quest, nor do i know where to start it, but I'd be willing to do it. If it's the quest from the library, I can go pick it up before the reset - I was a week behind everyone else.

Unfair advantage - the main tank is a pally.

Yeah pally tanks own multi-tanking.

I don't have the quest, nor do I know where to start it,

Part of the quest chain is in the library, but you need to get a drop from shade too.

We may try HSH Monday the 13th. Renee is off work so..we are pretty flexible for just about any time Monday.

Woven
Yesmina
Esua
Ambryana
Daire

I believe all of the above have the quest and are keyed.
Let me know if there is a time Monday that you can't make or if that day is no good for you.

We are going to try it with 2 healers. The instance has been nerfed..and from what I've read, comparatively speaking from before it was nerfed, it's noticeably easier..

We can test dmg output, healing aggro and multi-tanking on the very first pull. Generally we will CC melee and nuke clothies so Renee is less likely to get one shotted from her healing aggro. (Casters are less likey to one shot her if the tank loses them) And as long as I have a bop ready..we could try a little aoe dmg..too.

I could not find any info on trash abilites, immunities to cc.. online..so.. we will have to test things some.., unless someone else knows..(I only found info on bosses..)

Danny

I ran somewhere with andrew I think (hes pally belongs to oblivion) I watched him mt mech. concecrating everything keeping good aggro on it while being healed and us just picking one off at a time. That method works, but I dont think it works in places such as heroics and kara. I *can* tank two unccable targets, I *can* take the beating...but they lose their aggro much quicker it seems. They all have ADD.

I think our advantage to having wovenx go is that he can tank and he is probably going to have to also tank. Anyway...it sounds like it should be a blast.. as far as the 13th let me know when......and i'll see if it works with my plans.

In the video it looks to me like the pally is tanking 3, sometimes more than that and holding aggro well. How? Good tanking gear, 2 healers, and good dps to take down mobs fast.

We are not going to have any tank multi-tank entire pulls. We are going to CC 2 of the heavy hitters that do the most melee dmg and are the hardest to kill. This while you tank more of the weaker ones that die fast (Los pulls if need be)

yes I plan on doing some OTing. We will have to see if it's possible..for renee to keep 2 tanks up herself.., how much dmg I'll take..and if we have the dps to make that a short enough healing phase. She was able to heal me through HSP for the first 2 bosses, but we had 3 nice dps. We will test some things on the very first pull..near the instance. We will do a 3 elite pull and see how hard they all hit you. I want to see if it's possible for 2 healers to keep you alive through 3 elites.. If it is we should be ok dmg wise...(holding threat on 3..though might be another issue..Although as long as those 3 are not all melee heavy hitters..it might not matter to much if you lose aggro a bit on caster/ranged types) ..We can also try such a pull with me tanking 1.

As far as exact time, we are flexable that day so w/e plans you have should be no problem for us personally as we can do the run before or after. It might be better if you post what time, considering your plans, would be best for you, because while it won't conflict with us, it may for others.

Last edited:
Right now Monday night will work for me.

I've got some nasty project scheduling issues going on at work right now...one of those situations where the project manager doesn't plan and tells you about the work two days before you have to turn the program over to the testing team. Sooo that probably means overtime for me for the next two weeks.

Personally, I'd be very hesitant to tank NB with a non-warrior w/o a Dwarf or Draenei priest (for Fear Ward) and/or a shaman (for Tremor Totem).

A pally (any role) that grabs the skeletons during the transition of the phases is certainly very helpful. If it's a prot Pally OT, all the better, but he's pretty useless (except, perhaps, as an off-healer) during the rest of the fight.

And yes, it was my pally consecrating everything in regular Mechanar, which is NOT the strategy I use for heroics (at least until I get more stamina). Consecrate spam (with Holy Shield) works great to hold all 6-9 elites in a non-heroic pull. I don't even bother with Blessing of Salvation for the casters when I do that. I practically have to dare them to pull agro. It makes for fun 45-minute (or less) regular Shattered Halls runs. :)

Yeah I've AOE tanked SH with my holly pally as well as other places with large pulls, it's easy.

And yes, it will be tricky and require more luck if we tank NB with a non-warrior, unless we have some type of FW buff. I'm not sure what his fear range is verses his cleave range. Perhaps it's possible to have the raid stay just close enough so that all get feared and he stays on the tank, who is hopefully highest on the aggro list.. I'm not sure if holly has any points in the fear resist talent, but that would help some.. Still, this is not as secure as FW, TT or stance dance.

In the end if we can't pull it off..will adjust things..and NB will fall just like all the others we have killed in Kara.

The two NB fights I"ve done with Valk were tanked by druids. FW was ran on cool down by Valk and the other healer was a pally (yes we two man healed the whole instance) While fear ward here is big, it's more important that the tank and everyone knows this fight. There's way to much going on to just jump into it. Great to here you guys are on your way to downing NB!!

Yeah, once your group gets geared up..through kara, the healing becomes much easier.
Dps gets better, tanking gear etc. I've noticed that we do not need 3 healers on the first boss anymore..

Your group must have nice gear to do Illhoof & Prince with only 2 healers.
We are just working on him now.

I've been as far as the first boss in HSH. It's not too bad but we did have a nice group. Mage, rogue, prot warrior, ret paly(low HP so he got 1 shotted when he grabbed aggro) and me, resto shaman. Guess the key for us was steady dps and 2 cc's. The warrior tanked 2 quite often and it wasn't too bad. Oh it was a Crimson Order run that I was on, for the NB quest. Did I mention that we cleared to the first boss in Heroic Sethekk? But when we got there the tank forgot to mention he had done heroic sethekk that morning. Yeah that kinda sucked.

Tone did you notice the first few mobs putting out a huge amount of dmg compared to the rest, up to the first boss?

Art was getting..like 2 shotted multi-tanking 2 of them (We were trying to see how much dmg he would take..for the pulls ahead..).., but then..once we got past that mess..he was able to tank 3-4 elites, plus some non elites just fine.

Anyways, we completed the quest, but we did wipe about 4-5 times..(A few wipes were do to experimenting.) With only 2 dps, you realy can't afford to lose one. The boss was actually easy..(We got unlucky the first attemp as he ran me back and forth through his aoe..) killed on second attempt.

*Stay at max range so you have time to react if MT loses a mob. (And he probably will unless it's a prot pally..)

* It can be quite a work-out for a non-pally tank..holding aggro on 4-5 mobs.

* Nuke down weak targets fast (After you take legionnaire)

* Aoeing is very risky..and I'm not sure it's wise unless you have a pally tank..and only after he has established good aggro..
The group all having omen can help with that.

Part 2: Sekketh Halls.. Sunday..

Danny

Last edited:
Yeah I believe after that first room it got a little easier. The hall wasn't that bad. We seemed to get it together and the 5-man pull was our easiest one. If you need a healer on sunday let me know. I don't have the quest though. Good luck.

Back