The Secret World?

So my brothers and I ended up getting the game for the $22~ sale on Steam, played for the last three days or so...

I. Am. Hooked. x]

Wow how did I miss this game? Having a total blast in here. Zombies on pcp ftw! Voice acting is the best in the business and the questing is superb. Combat system is alot like GW2 but deeper with the massive skill wheel you can build out. Solo and in a group has been smooth and fun. This is my new main game for a bit, hoping to run this first instance tonight or soon!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH! Origins was offering it for down load for only $10. By the time I entered my billing information the price went back up to $30 the jerks!

Hey folks. I just got this game, been looking at it for a while now but now that it went B2P I decided to grab it off Steam. Anyone still playing? is there a ToJ guild? any other newb questions I should be asking?

It is so nice to find this forum as a Catholic gamer. :D

I managed to snag the game yesterday on Steam for the low price of $15. It's back up to $30 now but my friends tell me in July Steam usually has a big storewide summer sale.

If you have a guild, I wouldn't mind joining. I'm a Templar.

I do find the game very dark, in some ways maybe too dark but if we can be detached then it shouldn't pose a problem. :)

I haven't reviewed TSW for content to see if it would be appropriate for a ToJ guild or not. It's rare that we decline starting a chapter based on the game's content (the Diablo franchise is the only example that comes to mind), but I've read enough mentions of the occult content in TSW that I'd want to personally investigate and also get the opinions of several other Christian gamers before putting the ol' stamp of approval on an official ToJ TSW guild.

But, all that aside, I certainly wouldn't mind people using this forum to help meet up in-game and play together! Even for the Diablo franchise, I set up a thread in the CGA General Discussion Forum to help Christian gamers connect.

And welcome to the forums, Mushu!

We currently don't have a ToJ chapter as Tek mentions above. However, there is a Christian guild called Sola http://www.solaguild.com/home which does have a presence in TSW. I have only played the first zone. My biggest issue has to do with the dark tone. I used to love horror, but the dark nature and tone of the game plays against my depression. I get done playing for a few hours and feel like I need a nap. A discussion of the occult themes and content probably would be better for a different time/place.

Last edited:
The SOLA TSW chapter is pretty dead. The game is not very conducive to guilds with the 3 factions not being able to be in the same one. We had a good run at it, and many still like the game, but other games are too hot right now. And yes, the game is really dark but if you can handle the Macabre, the story is really good!

Last edited:
Back