Thoughts on recent violence cartoons of Muhammad?

yeehaw

Yeah I was thinking about this thing a while ago, seeing as how it was all over the news :)

I don't have much to say about the situation but I will say this, a lot more people are going to convert to Islamic religion due to that offensive toon. I mean did you see the news? Hundreds of people were like burning down buildings and protesting very aggressively. Seeing the unity and fellowship between these people is definately going to spurr on some people to join in. Sad to say, Christians get trampled and bashed every day and we sit by and watch (only some of us). Not saying we don't take offense because we do, we just don't yell out "DISCRIMINATION" and start fighting back, which we should do once in a while. I did it in my history class a few days ago, my teacher said this "The Bible contradicts itself several times..." so I stood up and argued. I demanded proof of passages and everything and she was totally cought off guard because normally no one fights back. O'well thats my two cents. BTW the teacher hates me now lol, whatever thats the price you pay for having a voice.

(cssh) Over and out (cssh)

Really? I hear Christians crying DISCRIMINATION! all the time. And they do fight back with violence. Look at the Protestants and Catholics in Ireland. Look at the bombings and attacks against abortion clinics.

There are more than Christians against abortion, DV. Just so you know ;)

Anyway, the way the muslims react (tearing down/burning buildings, etc.) it seems to me that their actions suggest that they've reduced themselves to not much more than animals sometimes.... :(

ChickenSoup said:
There are more than Christians against abortion, DV. Just so you know ;)

I know, I'm one of them.

But how many abortion clinic bombers have been Christian?

Anyway, the way the muslims react (tearing down/burning buildings, etc.) it seems to me that their actions suggest that they've reduced themselves to not much more than animals sometimes.... :(

No arguments there.

Its amazing how far we have fallen. Muslim violence tends to be more visible. Is this because they choose to be more violent, or is because the media shows them in this light?

Everybody has the right to be upset when something of personal value is attacked, but taking it out in a violent manner is not always an acceptable means.

Gods_Peon said:
Its amazing how far we have fallen. Muslim violence tends to be more visible. Is this because they choose to be more violent, or is because the media shows them in this light?

How about both?

I wonder how the media in the middle east portrays the violence.

If it wasn't religously motivated, would it be something else?

My question is why do ppl move to a free country to dis being free.Go back to where they came from if freedom hurts and b stepped on by what they think is right.Not in any way condoning the dis but freedom is just that freedom...

Back