Thursday, May 7, 2009

Abba San

Legacy of Elijah [LoE] - Proud Grandfather
"When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:13-14 (NIV)

This is the verse being used across the nation this morning - the National Day of Prayer. The interesting thing about this verse, to me, is that it doesn't call for all the people to repent and pray - just HIS people.

Some think we are too few to still make a difference - we are not. But, also, the difference doesn't come by electing the right leaders or passing the right laws - it comes by humbling ourselves, seeking His face, and turning from our worldly ways.

If those of us who know Him would only live that way - WOW - what a difference we would make.

wow..... that really convicted me today. i love this place.

Yeah - same here. The nice thing is that - that conviction means the Holy Spirit is there and working. Praise God.

Back