Tithing to the guild

We should work on implementing a graduated tax as soon as possible. This flat tax is just hurting the little guys while our fat-cat "leaders" are rolling in cash they don't need.

I vote 143% for anybody who's name starts with "O and ends with "dale". Everybody knows he's buying gold anyway so he needs to cough it up for the good of the guild.

On the other hand, healers need many potions so make up for poor guards in RvR. Any such tax system should of course take this into account.

Since the Mythic devs read this forum religiously, I expect to see an appropriate system implemented in the next patch.

wait...healers use healing potions?

huh. I figured the L18 healer in T3 was just running back and forth across the bolster line a few hundred times to get high healing marks... but sucking down potions would do it, too.

The fat cat leaders, I mean the guild could always help the lowbies with their mount if they want to keep the tithe higher.....

I have noticed tithing doesn't work correctly if you've just zone from helicopter. Tax works all the time, but relogging after a helicopter zone works to kick the tithe back into action.

Omlette

Last edited:
Any user set setting in the UI isn't properly saved when zoning. That includes:

1. Hide helm
2. Hide cloak
3. Show guild heraldy on cloack
4. Tithing

You have to reset each of those options everytime you zone. I hope Mythic is going to fix this.

With the move to the new server, I had to reset the tithing. After careful consideration and taking council, it was bumped up to 25%. If this creates a hardship on you for purchasing a mount, please let me know.

We have a little over 1600g in the guild bank, but with all the activity on Iron Rock, I am assuming we will be claiming more keeps when we take them. Once we started taking keeps on REM, I noticed that our income was drastically lower. If we're out in the keeps with our increased activity, our total will start dropping pretty quick.

ummm, While this isn't an issue to me, cause I have all the monies in the world... I think when I start my next 15 chars it will... so Randy if you can remember that all your monies are belong to me.

Shouldn't be an issue. This only affects money looted from mobs, not items sold to a vendor or via AH. I always take scavenging or butchering as soon as I hit the chapter 2 hub, and vendor whatever I gather that I can't use (which is most of the stuff that I gather). Water sells well on the AH, so that I save. I've never had an issue buying my mount as soon as I hit 20, and usually have several gold at least left over.

Back