+ to One Size Fits all

Essentially, I do not remember, I need to read up AGAIN. XP

Basically, Ghandi and all others, I am convinced that hell is not one big pit with fire burning you forever and ever, torture.

The biblical reference to ghashing of teeth is not one towards one being tortured, but rather one realizing a tragic loss.

And hell is the best way to respect peoples' wishes. In our own short sightedness, it doesn't look like it. "Why couldn't God make everyone love him?" And questions that are more meaningful than that are always answerable, if you happen to have one of those questions, tell me.

Essentially it is the best way, because God accepts free will, that's what's special about us. So, sad enough, when we do not accept God, then people that reject him, will sad enough, get their wish to do nothing with him. That is being sent to hell. Seperation from God, no connection possible, that's why people knash their teeth in hell because they missed the greatest oppurtunity of their lifetime.

Why would you NOT want to be a Christian? It's all about viewpoint and what is true. *that statement was kinda ignorant but you know I know*

What are you going to lose besides "the truth" assuming we are wrong?

---
Oh no! I'm gonna waste my life being:

Kind, Generous, Kind-hearted, etc...

That is most people's response. But I don't think most people in this forum are like that, I'm saying most people in the U.S.

I might add more. Later on, not in an edit, but another if possible double post? But that's if noone posts.

You don't believe that hell is a fiery pit, but there are those that do. Why is your understanding of hell greater than theirs if you are both gaining your knowledge from the Holy Spirit?

You said, "What are you going to lose besides "the truth" assuming we are wrong?" OY! Again with Pascal's Wager?? Look at it this way, if I accepted Christ just because I wanted insurance in case I was wrong, how do you think God would feel? I didn't truly believe, I just wanted to be "safe". That's just one huge problem with Pascal's Wager.

whoever said we are NOT open minded? you are very um... oppurtunistic. Pascal's Wager? ooo.

Whoever said 'insurance' you need to be truly in it.

SilentAssassin said:
whoever said we are NOT open minded?

Every person in this thread that said they are not willing to be open to the fact that they could be wrong.

you are very um... oppurtunistic. Pascal's Wager? ooo.

Say what?

Whoever said 'insurance' you need to be truly in it.

YOU said that. When you bring up Pascal's Wager you are saying, hey, just go for it, even if you don't really believe, that way if you are wrong, you still win.

Dark Virtue said:
You don't believe that hell is a fiery pit, but there are those that do. Why is your understanding of hell greater than theirs if you are both gaining your knowledge from the Holy Spirit?

But we are not just gaining it from the Holy Spirit, we are called to test it against Scripture.

One needs to studied the Word, get into the word, To find those that are better versed.

Just like secular college; I have classed where I know more than my professors in certain areas. Other areas I need that guidance to connect the dots.

There are many who will do there best to polute the word. And there are those who will study it and test it.

I now alot of Titled "Network Administators" who really do not know as much as me, and the I have technicains, who blow me out of the water. So It comes down to you being able to master your material.

So if a Christian doesnt' agree with you, then they haven't studied as much as you?

Somehow I don't think so.

Look at studied theologians, old men that have spent the majority of their lives studying the Bible. Do all of these wise theologians agree? Of course not. My question is WHY? THe answer isn't in how much they have studied. So what IS the answer?

Back