ToC10/25 and/or ICC-10

The plan is to go every Saturday at 6 PM server, assuming group is ICC-capable. As this is a new group, things may be in flux for the first few weeks. I beg everyone's patience as we get things going. :)

Thanks to everyone who showed up on Saturday. While we didn't get Marrowgar down this week I think we all did a very good job. Thanks to the rep earned, a few of us got our first Ashen Verdict rings. :)

This Saturday, we're going back into the breech at 6 server. We've invited those of you who attended. Since the event isn't available for viewing by the guild, if you want to attend simply drop a note here, on the SGA forum (under Atavus or Anthara), or in-game on any of my or Christine's many toons. :)

I think I can make it for Saturday at 6...I may not log in until 5:45 or so but I'll try to make it.

Doh sry...you need to uninvite me..I forgot I have a friend's 40th bday party to attend that evening.

Is this the TOC group that had been goin on in early Feb late Jan. I am still looking for a weekend raid if anyone is interested in picking me up. I can dps or tank (I have 5k gs for both) on my pally and I can DPS on my War

Originally, Christine and I were going for a ToC and/or ICC-10 but we ended up starting a second ICC-10 group. We're still learning the ropes and we've had different people in each week, but we're intent on making a go of this. :)

We have need for a regular healer, but we also need to have a healer (sub or not) for this Saturday. We are down one healing spot and one of our regular healers has indicated a Tentative on the schedule. Wend has indicated that it may be possible for her to attend, but I know that, thanks to recent family acquisitions that she may not be able to. (Would love to have you on the team full-time, but fully understand. RL > WoW. :D )

There will be an absence of the leadership crew on April 17th (Christine's birthday) and April 24th (John and Jacki's wedding). Y'all are welcome to run without us but we won't be there either day.

We will, however, be running April 3rd (night before Easter) unless no one else shows up. :D

Just to restate for the record our current run schedule:

ICC-10 run, Saturday, 6:00 pm Server Time (Mountain Time)
Run time is approximately 3 hours

Current raid makeup (with absences)

Tanks: Guilo (W) and Moredhel (DK)
Healers: Deamen (S), Druleah (P), and Sisterhawk (P)
DPS: Anthara (P), Krule (S), Seakdeath (H), and Shawky (S)

As you might see, we're a tad light on melee DPS. Preference for a permanent member looking to join would be a rogue or feral druid. We have a Resto/Enhance shaman who can switch to melee for Deathwhisper, and this is working, but it would be nice to have another permanent melee to add to our crew.

Guilo is on a two-week hiatus, so we are currently asking our resto shaman to bring his druid in to tank which means we're, again, very light on melee DPS...

Those of you who are veterans are more than welcome to send me raid makeup ideas, keeping in mind that we've been recruiting based on people and not toons. :)

Last edited:
We may have to leave earlier than planned. We tentatively scheduled to leave next Friday, but we may actually be leaving this Saturday. All plans are in flux as we don't really know moment to moment how things are going to pan out...

Okay, I'm back in Indianapolis and Christine's in Yuma. She's trying to get internet access for Yuma and she'll be online this Saturday. According to the invite list for this week, we'll be missing Guilo and possibly a healer. So, if any of you have a non-priest healer that would be interested in coming out to the group, we'd appreciate the support. :) A non-DK tank would also be useful for this Saturday, if any interest.

I know that the group's taken a relatively long time to get off the ground. Part of this is because we're a casual group that has not enforced either a minimum standard of gearing or experience in ICC. Part of it is because we don't mandate minimum raid attendance to keep people considered to be regulars. Part of this is also because we don't keep a lot of people on standby and have sit-out lists like a few raid groups. What is extremely frustrating is to have people not show up for raids or to believe that it will be easy to replace a character just because someone noticed easier stomping grounds elsewhere. Christine and I are committed to creating a stable raid group but this stability requires the cooperation of eight other people and unfortunately, I'm seeing signs that some people are not as committed to the group as they should be.

I can't tell you how hard it's been to fill a role when even one or two people don't show up for a run. The run is late enough in the week that people who've wanted a shot in ICC-10 are probably already saved on a (so-called) main. The people we've generally had to fill with are either new to ICC, undergeared, or lack some sort of voice communication making a well-knit group impossible. One night, we had a DPS have to come in on an extremely undergeared tank just so we could even start. I even went to trade chat to find a tank or healer willing to come just to start running because no one in guild and SGA responded for calls for tanking or healing.

While our nemesis to date has been Saurfang, part of our problems lately have been reaching him within a reasonable amount of time. So, I'm going to try to get us to get there faster. Part of that problem will be solved when I don't have to explain boss fights every time we get to them but that requires that everyone who is in the group needs to have seen the fights and, in some cases, be better geared than our present group (am thinking that a minimum four-piece T9 or equivalent rule may need to be put in place). I also have an idea for dealing with him the next time we get there. I had the opportunity of being in an ICC-25 as a melee DPS last night and while 25 is different than 10 (and it looks easier in 25), I can see where we can change up how we do Saurfang to increase our chances of success. :)

We have need of a tank replacement for our group. Non-DK is preferred as diversity in tanks would be nice.

Special thanks to Tom for coming in on Exq and co-tanking with me on Saturday. Considering that we started 1.25 hours later than we should have due to all of the subs and it was Tom's first time tanking in ICC, we did a respectable job on the first quadrant of ICC.

Still need someone to step forward for the co-tanking assignment (non-DK hopefully). We also appear to be in need of another regular DPS. Indicate availability in this thread or via a PM to me here or in-game.

I'm not sure if i would be geared enough but i'd like to hit up some ICC with my Shaman. He is Resto main spec and Ele off spec. I'm always working on gear so if i don't fit into the group, hopefully some time soon i will :)

Resto stats:
health - 19k
mana - 23.1k
mp5 - 604
haste - 649
bh - 2467
gs - 4757

I'll update with Ele stats when server is back up (but Ele stats will definitely be lower).

I'll be happy to add you as a standby on our invite list. Right now, we have at least one healer who's listed as tentative. In regard to your Elemental set (which is what I'm assuming you're wearing on armory) it's not bad where you're currently at — it's at least equivalent to 4-piece T9. We do already have two shamans in the raid, so you might be fighting over the mail gear in there. :)

Back