[toj.cc]kraniac's DeathMatch Map Guides

kraniac

The first of many illustrated level-specific guides are up for your viewing pleasure here. Right now I only have DM-1on1-Idoma and DM-Antalus, but I will be adding more as I can finish them. Eventually I will have DM-Compressed, DM-Rankin, DM-DE-Ironic, DM-DE-Grendelkeep, DM-DE-Osiris, DM-Deck17, DM-Goliath, and my personal favorite, DM-Campgrounds2004-G1E, along with all the other important ones, up. I will also add some of the less common maps, such as DM-Gestalt and DM-Flux2, as I have time. If I have been unclear on any of the descriptions, feel free to ask; you people know how to contact me. If the pictures are unclear, it's because bandwidth is not free and I set the Image Quality slider to 0 in Photoshop when saving as a .jpg. So I can't help you there.

Sorry to double post, but I just added DM-Compressed, DM-Asbestos, and DM-DE-Grendelkeep. That should be enough for you all to practice for a week or so. I'm off school for a few days for Thanksgiving. In between all the food and AP homework, I'll see if I can get a few more done.

Sheweee Kraniac you've been a busy man. Those are some great tips. I'll have to work on them. Love them curve markings.
Hey my computer hung bad last night sorry about that.Several of us played most of the night ain't that right WJFreak. I was trying to get msn messenger up and running with your email address and it said it was invalid. kraniac at hot mail dot com I entered. Was it the correct chat program?

I didnt get done with school till after dinner
sad.gif
made me mad

Wow, fantastic guides Kranic! I always hammer jumped to get the to the 50 shield in Idoma, but I'll be practicing my wall dodging to get there from now on. Ace! I'll read the rest later this week.

Thanks for putting this together!

Why am I getting e-mails about JFreak's first post in this thread? It's all like reporting post to an adim or something and I have no idea what's going on it was very confusing. Anyway just to be safe, shame on all of you for what you may or may not have done that may or may not have been what I may or may not have gotten an e-mail about and I may or may not be watching all of you.
wink.gif
tounge.gif

It was the correct chat program, I don't know why it wasn't working.

In other news tonight, I've begun work on DM-DE-Osiris. I should have it finished by the end of the evening unless something comes up.

Osiris is finished and up. I hate that map, so I'm fairly certain that there are more that I haven't listed. I'm enlisting the help of {dKc} members to tell me those I have missed. Normally, since we will be facing them in TWL, I wouldn't tell them about it, but their TWL team already knows all of those anyway. And I think it would be nice if non-competitors were able to read this information-- there's not a whole lot available elsewhere and it associates us as Christians with being helpful.

Oh, and I realized earlier that I had forgotten to put my favorite jump in Grendelkeep on the page when I was doing that one, so I added it. If you've already gone over that page, go back and look at the last jump, it's a lifesaver.

Could you tell us some of the keys when you get full adren instead of feeling like a nub only knowing wwww could you help

The adrenaline combos are thus:

Speed- Forward, Forward, Forward, Forward
Booster- Back, Back, Back, Back
Berserk- Forward, Forward, Back, Back
Invisible- Right, Right, Left, Left

That should answer your question. As far as strategy is concerned...

Speed is best when: you are flag carrier (although any flag carrier using any adrenaline combo has their adrenaline deplete at 2x the normal rate) or you are playing instagib.

Invisible is best when: you're in a prime camping spot with a sniper rifle, or you have full health and shields.

Berserk is best when: You are playing instagib, or you already have full health and shields but don't want to use invisible for some reason, or you have Double Damage and a minigun/flak cannon/rocket launcher and plenty of ammo.

Booster is best for pretty much any other situation. Let your common sense guide you.

WOW! Amazing guides Krain! I never knew about that secret room on compressed! I'm gonna go check that out! I hate osiris too, I don't know what it is, I just don't like it.

Osiris has rooms that are awkwardly structured and too large, with hallways that are awkwardly structured and too small, walls that are blocky, and torches that kill you.

But it's symmetrical!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kraniac @ Nov. 23 2004,10:44)]Osiris has rooms that are awkwardly structured and too large, with hallways that are awkwardly structured and too small, walls that are blocky, and torches that kill you.

But it's symmetrical!
And that's what makes a map Mmm Mmm Good!

Back