[toj.cc] Server?

Haha, I remember when I was populating the chat filter for the Landmass. I sat there for like an hour typing all kinds of filthy words into the list and feeling dirty for installing the filter. :)

Haha, I remember when I was populating the chat filter for the Landmass. I sat there for like an hour typing all kinds of filthy words into the list and feeling dirty for installing the filter. :)

Yeah, what felt really weird was getting kicked off our own server when i was testing the filter to see if it worked. :eek:

Let me know when you think the server is ready for the masses, Capt. Tea, and I'll do what I can to spread the word about our new home. ^^

Let me know when you think the server is ready for the masses, Capt. Tea, and I'll do what I can to spread the word about our new home. ^^

It is pretty well ready now :D. I need to do a few more tweaks, but it's nothing I need to do before people start using it.

re: Maps...

Most (if not all) the DM maps from the Community Bonus Packs. I know there are favourites within the packs that get played way more often than the others, but if you can, I'd just install them all.
http://cbp.planetunreal.gamespy.com

Fractionary X-2
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=3026

DM-Goose
I can't remember if this is a built-in map or a community map?

Campgrounds
There are several versions of this classic Quake3 map out there, but I'm not sure which one is the "proper" one that gets played on all the other servers. Can someone help with a link?
http://www.ucmappack.org/pages/ucmp1.htm

Two personal favourites but not required...

DM-UCMP2-Saiko from Ultimate Community Map Pack 2
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=3483

DM-UCMP-Bloodrun from Ultimate Community Map Pack 1
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=3030

re: Mods...

I'd love to play some Jailbreak with people again, but this more just me dreaming than an actual request. There aren't many Jailbreak players out there, and even less Jailbreak servers; wouldn't want to make the community more fractitious by adding yet another server, so basically ignore this. :p

It is pretty well ready now :D. I need to do a few more tweaks, but it's nothing I need to do before people start using it.
If you write up a short "press release" for the server, I'll post it to the CGA News and Announcements Forum. I'll also send an e-mail out to other CGA affiliate members asking that they post a blurb about the new server on their news pages.

Basically any map that Soma puts out is one we should have. He's the guy Pete hired to make Fractionary, and he actually got hired by Epic to map for Unreal Championship 2 for the Xbox, and I believe he's now working on UT3.

I'd love to play some Jailbreak with people again, but this more just me dreaming than an actual request. There aren't many Jailbreak players out there, and even less Jailbreak servers; wouldn't want to make the community more fractitious by adding yet another server, so basically ignore this. :p

I was chatting with some dudes on the server about jailbreak and they agreed with u that it is very fun. If no 1 has an objection I say lets throw it on as another selectable gametype. This server is all about having fun and getting people to come by and play. The more we have to offer, the more likely we are to draw people in to play here regularly. If having too many gametypes becomes a problem we can adjust things as we need to as they develop.:cool:

The more we have to offer, the more likely we are to draw people in to play here regularly.
I saw Zoë from Co30 join the server (and kick my rear) last night. I think we'll see visits from members of competitive UT2004 clans, thanks to kraniac's and other members' involvement in the UT community. This means I'll score few frags than I would otherwise, but it also means that we all stand a good chance of improving our game--if only to try to keep up with competitive players.

Now if Co30 isn't a competitive clan, someone please correct me before I embarrass myself any further.

Strictly speaking, I don't think Co30 is competitive. At least, I've never run into them on any ladders. However, some of their players are quite stiff competition.

Strictly speaking, I don't think Co30 is competitive. At least, I've never run into them on any ladders. However, some of their players are quite stiff competition.

I'm not certain but I don't think they are either, but I do know they have been in some scrimmages with other clans. I have been playing with those guys for years. They are a great bunch of guys. They do have some pretty good players, Hook2k8(Co30) puts the hurt on me every time :D. They run a good clean server, I have been modeling ours after theirs quite a bit, except we have some gametypes they don't, and vice versa. Zoe(Co30) helped me out with a lot of useful links and some hard to find files and chat filter setup, he has been a great help.

Yea, Zoe was kicking my rear all over DM-Antalus and Deck17 last night. Took me a while to finally get my head into the pace of the game, but I did manage to go on a nice run once I started timing the power ups. It only gave me a slight advantage though. :p

It's good. As Kraniac has posted here and elsewhere, the only way to get better is to play against better players.

Last edited:

Your wish is my command Shagz ;). It came on line this morning.

Have any of you played the "Alien Swarm" mod? I have heard it is really fun. I haven't tried it personally, I was wondering if any of you had?

Have any of you played the "Alien Swarm" mod? I have heard it is really fun. I haven't tried it personally, I was wondering if any of you had?
I thought Alien Swarm was fantastic, but it didn't get nearly the attention it should have.

I was pleased to find that Alien Syndrome for the Wii was strongly reminiscent of Alien Swarm.

If you're asking with the thought of adding the gametype to the server, it may not be possible to add Alien Swarm without disrupting the other game types. Not only that, but, to my knowledge, there is no longer an active Alien Swarm community.

Yea, Alien Swarm was really good, but *really* tough. I only ever got past the first mission in single player, never tried it with multi. But yea, I believe the community's died out for it. :/

Back