Trillian

C

Captain Chaos

Anyone else using Trillian? I recently got the program installed and running and I am amazed. Pretty nice.

I haven't kept up with the IM wars that have been going on, the battles between AOL and other IM clients to get them to open up their protocols has been going on forever. Has AOL opened up finally? It appears so. I never thought I'd see one messaging application to allow AOL, ICQ, Yahoo and MSN Messengers to communicate. Oh, and I forgot about the really cool IRC client built into it also.

Granted, setup is a pain cause you have to set up accounts on all four platforms. That isn't totally necessary, of course. But for me, it took me digging up my old account information on each platform to get set up. I actually had accounts on all 4 different already set up, either cause I had one friend using this IM and that friend using the other. I already had info for MSN through my .NET passport, so I was good to go there. I actually had to search for myself on ICQ's site to find my UIN
smile.gif
, since I haven't used that client in over a year. I've always hated AOL, but so many ppl use their service or at least their IM, I had to set up an account at one point.

Anyway, enough with the incessant rambling. I just wanted to see if anyone else is using this and what your feedback is. Maybe it's not all it's cracked up to be. I also wanted to see if anyone wants to add me to their buddy list, my last two buddies quit using their IM and I have no buds in my list now
sad.gif
, it would be nice to have some Christians, better yet Christian Gamers to get to know.

Playing games is much more fun when you can blow up someone you know.
laugh.gif

me too man..love it ...loads faster than icq itself...and less nonsense...love the logging it brings to msn chats...

msn:kasimir@myrealbox.com

If you like Trillian try GAIM. It was originally designed for linux but was ported to windows. It is free <as in freedom >, open source, and supports all popular messaging formats. Plus there are no ads or spyware. Give it a try.

-MegaMan

WOW! I feel like the only one that dont' like trillian.

God Bless
-ChaosSniper

I can't see why you wouldn't like trillian. It's features are beyond what any other IM client I've seen. The only problem I've had is transfering files in ICQ if the other person doesn't have trillian, but I'm sure that'll be fixed...

And GAIM doesn't get bonus points from being free, and open-source isn't necassarily good. Open source means it's easier to be crashed by hackerz. That's why linux has had more problems than windows. Trillian is free, and not open source as far as I know, so I'll stick to it.

Linux geting hacked more than Windows? Do you have a reference or are you just talking out of ignorance? Last time I checked Windows leads in viruses, I can only recall a "couple" viruses for Linux

Windows is better for gaming but Linux is far more secure and stable

Source - IT Professional.

I can try looking for a reference to link to. But that is the serious problem with open source. You can't hide your defenses.

this article sums up my point

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/15359/80613

Windows gets atatcked because it's the most popular OS out there. Hackers hate M$ and will take out their vengeance on Windoze instead of their trusty Linux.

I use both OSes and they both have frequent security patches, the only difference is that MS stops after a while. linux doesn't

Linux has faster response times too

Back