TrinityBars

Kagnus

A new beta version of TrinityBars is posted at wowinterface

TrinityBars

Change notes :

Trinity 20100.1.beta

*** BEFORE INSTALLING 20100.1.beta ***

- Backup your current TrinityBar files, including the addon itself, at these file locations:
\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\TrinityBars\*all files*
\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<account name>\SavedVariables\TrinityBars.lua
\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<account name>\<server name>\<character name>\SavedVariables\TrinityBars.lua

- DELETE the current addon installation. Some file names have changed, and any legacy files left may interfere with an upgrade.

- I have tested as best I could upgrading from 20003.14.7 to 20100.1.beta, but this does not mean your upgrade will go smoothly. THIS IS A BETA VERSION. Please report all errors in a manner that does not involve freaking out.

*** CHANGES ***

- TrinityBars now relies on a front-loading addon called Trinity, included with current beta version.

- New simpler minimap menu.

Left-click for mini-menu (each mini-menu button represents one Trinity addon loaded) with simple actions right at-hand.

Right-click the minimap button to bring up the main Trinity menu system, where more advanced TrinityBars configuration options are available in the TrinityBars tab.

Shift-Click the minimap button to enable global configuration mode for all Trinity addons.

- Docks now do not extend beyond outside borders of buttons that belong to it. Makes for a less "cluttered" means of setting up bars. Drag a bar by selecting an area within the outside borders of the buttons.

- Re-worked on-dock configuration menus.

There is now a single feedback bar at the bottom of the dock, indicating which configuration option is currently being adjusted.

The left side has two buttons for increasing or decreasing the value indicated in the feedback bar.

The right side has two convenience buttons, one for toggling key binding mode, the other for hiding all other docks save the currently selected dock to reduce on-screen clutter.

- Button skinning is much easier.

New file added - TrinityBarsButtonSkins.lua - allows the addition of new button skins easily.

Because of this change, TrinityBar may load up with different button skins than in 20003.x. Simply adjust them back to the ones you want.

- Re-worked Formbar (shapeshift/stance bar): TrinityBars now creates it's own buttons instead of re-anchoring the default UI buttons. Hunter aspects now show up in the form bar.

- Re-worked pet bar: TrinityBars now creates it's own pet buttons instead of re-anchoring the default UI buttons.

- Some refinement is still needed. A sample of known issues:

- The auto cast pet abilities will always have the square auto-cast graphic.

- Advanced options like complex bar setups, deleting/creating docks, are not available.

- A druid prowl bar is not available.

- Skinning the bag graphics is not 100% perfected.

- And I am sure many others I can't think of right now.

- Enjoy!

Firstly, thanks for all the hard work on this for the gaming community. We appreciate the effort.

The XP bar demands attention! :) What I am meaning is that at the moment I cannot remove the XP bar. When I remove all the buttons from the bar it will reappear in the middle of the screen and then it is impossible to do anything with the dock. If I move the XP bar to another location and then log out and in again, I see the dock location in two places: one where I moved it and one in the middle of the screen. When I get out of dock configuration mode I only see the actual dock that I moved.

So, since I had the XP bar removed on all my characters, I have a non-movable, non-configurable XP bar in the middle of the screen on all my toons. Just one of the bugs I'm willing to rework all my bars for. :)

PS -- I didn't see a means of saving and loading bar configurations.

Last edited:
The latest download should have that problem fixed with the XP bar

And as per the change notes, some advanced features are not available yet :)

You are likely aware Connor that the author of X-Perl has flagged your stable (non-beta 20003.14.7) as "taintable". He mentions it in his notes plus when you run it.

"X-Perl UnitFrames - Out-dated version of TrinityBars detected. This will taint the Targetting system for all mods that use them, including X-Perl."

Yup, however I finally got it so Tbars does not rely on knowing the unit frames in use, instead I have it so targeting is based purely on unit existence as I finally figured out how to make it work in the secure code :)

I am using the non beta version of TrinityBars, and using TrinityChat, and the latest version of Xperl, and I am just not having any problems. No problems changing stances, no problems targeting, nada. I am not sure why, but there you go.

My pet bar is not showing at all with my hunter, haven't tested my lock yet but I assume I'll have the same problem..

Any idea if there's a setting messed up on my end? I've checked the hidden bar and battle bar options, both appear to be hte same as my other bars..

With the current beta, you need to select the unit frames you are using. However, with the next beta update that won't be necessary. If you do select the unit frames you are using and it still does not work, I am confident the next update will fix your problem.

pink buttons . . .

pinkbuttons.jpg

Nice touch.... and I assume one can select other colors. I am sure my daughter would love that, but I can't really see myself happy about all that pink on my screen. :p

Posting a release candidate version of TrinityBars here to make sure everything is working well.

Notes -

Trinity 20100.14.rc (release candidate)
- Added a means to toggle macro text to be shown or hidden
- Added two new simple button textures, Square Black and, /ahem, Square Pink
- Added the means to make cooldown text white (for those with color blindness issues)
- Added the means to make a button change it's alpha (transparency) on cooldown.
- The x/y pos numbers in the main menu now update correctly when a dock is moved.

TrinityBars RC

If you missed it I have a beta version of Trinity Bars here

Trinity Bars Beta

I am about ready to make it a release version. However, I would like to test upgrading a bit more so if anyone willing could email me their saved variable files so I may test to trinityui@comcast.net, it would be most appreciated.

OR you could download it and tell me how your upgrade went :)

Please backup all files before upgrading, though :D

I will give it a try and yeah I noticed your beta on wowinterface. good thinking and thanks for the continual work on this excellent mod.

Back