Trying to find a good church in Tulsa!

Pierced Fat Guy

Can anyone tell me of a good church in the Tulsa area, I live around Memorial and 71st and it doesn't exactly need to be close. The thing is we tried Church on the Move, and it was just way to big for us with too much going on.... to be honest it kinda scared me being a small town guy in a HUGE! church. I would prefer a baptist church, if anyone can help me PLEASE do so.

Elihu, Tek or Eltoad could help you, as they all live in Tulsa (well Tek doesn't anymore but he knows the area) You might drop one of them a PM on the boards.

Cory

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pierced Fat Guy @ Sep. 12 2004,7:42)]Can anyone tell me of a good church in the Tulsa area, I live around Memorial and 71st and it doesn't exactly need to be close.
Wow. You're about five minutes out from three of the Tulsa Tribe of Judah members (Elihu, Sabin, and Eltolad). I'll have to mention the thread to Elihu.

As for churches, I used to attend Grace Fellowship at 91st and Garnett. The three ToJ members and another, Mosquito Morte, still do. Grace has over 3000 members, so it's certainly not small, but still an excellent church.

Eltolad also attends 180, so I'll be sure to mention this thread to him, too. Maybe he can show you around the church and help make it less overwhelming.

As for Baptist churches, I have another friend who attends a local Baptist church that might be more suited to your tastes. I'll give him a call and have him reply to the thread and maybe PM you, too.

Tulsa has a wealth of great churches so I'm sure you'll find one you love! I hope the Tulsa ToJers can be of some assistance...:)

Hello Pierced!  I'm Gabriel, aka Eltolad/Cujo7.  There's so many choices of churches in Tulsa, it can seem kinda overwhelming.  There are a few questions I would have to ask you - one of the biggest being "how old are you?"  There's a lot of churches that aim their ministry at different ages.  You mentioned that you grew up in smaller churches - so did I.  It seems crazy that I'm going to a larger church like Grace Fellowship, but they have a great youth group/adult sunday school program (depending on your age of course
smile.gif
 ).  These serve to make a large church smaller - giving time for fellowship and a more personal, intimate bible lesson.

I really like my church, but I know that God has a church for you, where you can get planted, fed, and make a difference.  I live only a short mile from you - at 81st and Memorial - I'd be happy to sit down with you and figure out what you are looking for.  You are more than welcome to email me - my new address is eltoladATgmailDOTcom.  Of course, you will replace the AT and DOT with @ and .

I look forward to emailing and/or talking with you face to face soon.

God Bless!!
-Eltolad/Gabriel

Back