Ultimate Duo 2

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
From 8:00 PM AEDT (GMT+11) tomorrow to the same time on Sunday 29th March, sign-ups are being accepted to compete in Ultimate Duo 2, the partners tournament run over at OZFortress.

The tournament pits thirty-two (this number is subject to change if there are extra applications) teams of two against each other (not all at once of course). Each and every team will consist of one soldier and one medic, and all matches take place on the custom deathmatch-style map dm_fortress 2.

The first round of matches will begin on Tuesday 1st April and the finals will be held on Thursday 3rd. You can read this announcement in full (including all the rules) and find the addresses of the OZFortress practice servers on their website.
Source: Sign-Ups for Ultimate Duo 2 Open Tomorrow

Maybe Elihu and I should enter?

I think you two could pwn-up on 'em all. Too bad it's 32 medics 32 soldiers. I like the sound of 32 medics, 32 soldiers, and whon sniper.

I'd be up for it Tek, let me know what I need to do and where I need to be.

I'd be up for it Tek, let me know what I need to do and where I need to be.
Roger that.

My main concern is that the event is being hosted by an Australian site, which means that event times will be at some crazy hour for us Americans.

Then again, there's a good chance other Americans will form teams and want to play matches at more reasonable hours.

I think you two could pwn-up on 'em all. Too bad it's 32 medics 32 soldiers. I like the sound of 32 medics, 32 soldiers, and whon sniper.

Dude, I love puns, and that one (groan) was *awesome*. :D

You guys should totally enter. I'd love to form another team with someone myself, but my schedule wouldn't be flexible enough to support. Great idea for a tourney though!!

Signups are open--and popular!
Update: Sign-ups are full. However we will increase the size of Ultimate Duo 2 if enough teams sign up!
Click here for more information, including instructions on how to sign up.

Once Elihu creates an ozfortress account and adds his Steam ID to his profile, I'll sign us up.

Awesome! Keep us posted on when your games are, would love to spec if possible.
Shagz,

Any chance you might upload the dm_fortress map to the ToJ TF2 server and redirect server so Elihu and I can practice tomorrow night? :D

EDIT: Here's a link to download the map.

Last edited:
Actually, I'm going to be out this evening (March 31st), so I won't be able to sort it out for ya. :p

Actually, I'm going to be out this evening (March 31st), so I won't be able to sort it out for ya. :p
Roger that.

I've compressed the map to a .bz2 file and uploaded it to our file redirect server.

I'm uploading the full 9MB .bsp file to the game server now.

Everything should be ready for practice tonight.

I've added dm_fortress to the server maplist and just finished testing it out. It's about as simple as you can get for a deathmatch map, which is appropriate for a 2v2 competitive match.

I signed Elihu and myself up after the first 32 slots were full, so we're waiting for ozfortress to announce a second set of 32 slots. As soon as they announce a second bracket and let us know when we'll be playing, I'll post the dates and times of the matches in this thread.

We'll probably still practice our Soldier + Medic skills tonight, so anyone wanting to mulch it up is welcome to join us this evening.

Hey Tek, Elihu, did this tournament ever get going? Did you get entered or still stuck on the mailing list?

EDIT: I meant "waiting" list

Last edited:
Hey Tek, Elihu, did this tournament ever get going? Did you get entered or still stuck on the mailing list?
I haven't received any e-mails on the matter.

/shrug

I guess ozfortress will let us know if they need players for another competition in the future.

Back