URGENT CALL TO PRAYER: Gerbil's Mom.

Neirai the Forgiven

Christian Guilds List Manager
The Mighty Gerbil's mother is facing a health crisis. It is quite bad and demands immediate attention; the family is doing what they can, but they aren't able to provide what she needs.

We need to pray. Personally, and, where possible, corporately.

I call on every member of the CGA to take this responsibility seriously. Let us rend the heavens and seek the mercy of God relentlessly.

In Christ,

John.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for letting us know the urgency, that helps alot.

praying,

Still having issues here and could use some prayer please. We have a possibility of getting the medication we need if it does not fall through. After getting a months supply we have been out for a while again. Thank you.

Last edited:
We aren't in the clear yet but an appointment cancellation at the eye doctor opened up next week at the exact time we needed it, thank God. Please pray we actually make the appointment so we can get the medicine we need. It often takes a brobdingnagian effort on my Mom's part to make them and we've missed many.

I realize now I haven't given many facts here so I probably should give a few. My Mom has been a insulin dependent brittle diabetic for a few decades. She's responsible, has never smoked, drunk or snacked foods she shouldn't and she tests her blood 5 times a day at least. She once signed up for a course on diabetes and was the only one who showed out of many who signed up. At that point she proceed to teach the nurse some things she didn't know. So again this is not your normal run of the mill diabetes. It doesn't matter how responsible you are Brittle diabetes is uncontrollable (hence the term brittle). If the wind blows the wrong way she can suddenly find herself really high or low. At worse she wakes up in the middle of the night low, sweating, spasming, throws up, has her blood sugar yo-yo and spends the rest of the day feeling like dirt (well worse is you die and have to be resuscitated but that was once years ago). It's not often that bad but it's bad enough to make it hard for her to get anywhere including the doctor. Now the medication we immediately need is for her Glaucoma lest she go blind (and probably already is without it). That's the doctor we need to get to next week (I'm told the Glaucoma doctor is actually very nice as opposed to the diabetic ones).

We also need to get her to a diabetic doctor for her health but also to get her declared disabled so we can get her medicine for free. The diabetic doctors we've been to in the past haven't been that great. We need to find a good one who actually does something other than nod and say "give me money". Reading a little recently I think there may be some discrimination among doctors against brittle diabetics with them not all agreeing it actually exists. I get that uppity I know better than you and you must be doing something wrong vibe. I am so not knowledgeable but if you literally just upset my Mom her blood can go either low or high, it's absurd to think it's her. At the very least they won't take the time to answer the questions she asks. I digress though we just need a doctor who actually cares and knows something.

Last edited:
...and they gave us the wrong doctor so it's going to be another couple weeks without a doctor appointment or medication T_T .

Back