UT3 on PS3

ColdSteel

I just got UT3 for my PS3 and I am just blown away by the visual aspect.
It actually looks real in the forest with the streams and stuff. I had 8 bots and it never blinked or hiccupped at all. I must say if anyone has a PS3 then by all means pick up a copy of UT3.

I have set my pc UT3 to it's lowest setting to it's highest setting and It still doesn't show the graphics like the PS3. I have P4 3.0 running 1gig memory with an ATI Radeon 9800XT with 256MB video memory but it just won't run UT3 at all to my satisfaction. If it would run decent on lower settings I'd be happy. Every time I start up a game it my frame rates drop out the bottom ,online and offline. I tweaked my video settings in my User INI and that helped but it's still not up to playing specs. My pc is a junker I guess. I now am going to have to build a new one after Christmas. :) :)

The console version is optimized for a certain hardware set when you go to the consoles, where as they have to aim for all kinds of flexibility on the PC. When you can target like that, you can really squeeze the juice out of your visual assets, I'm sure. :)

Does the PS3 version have online play?

Yes the PS3 version has online play and it also allows keyboard-mouse setup too inside the game. The six axis controller can be turned on and you can use the controller as the aim by moving it (I haven't tried that one yet). I don't really care for the PS3 online interface because it's not really user friendly like the 360 is. :(

Until I get my pc updated, my pc ut3 is just going to have to have red frame rates when I play (that's for my Capt'n).
My bro gave me an EVA 8800 Ultra when he came in and visited us last month so I've got an excellent start to another great pc. :) :) gotta love that bro, thanks BB.

Back