UT3 Update - Retail Steam Registration, Steam Achievements, Big Bonus Pack and Update

Omega Amen

I know the Unreal Tournament chapter recently closed, but there are still people here who like their UT (at least I do).

So I thought this news would bring interest.

As of now, you should be able to take your retail CD-key of Unreal Tournament 3 and register it on Steam. Here is the news article on that.

Registrating your copy on Steam (or buying on Steam directly) will give you access to Steam Achievements when a big content and bug fix update. It includes the Titan map pack, and many tweaks to the UI and AI among other things. Details of the new content update can be found here.

I've been clearing space on my notebook hard drive today to re-install Unreal Tournament 3. I plan to download the game files from Steam overnight tonight and give the new fixes and content a whirl as soon as they're released.

The upcoming patch and Titan Expansion Pack may generate enough interest to warrant re-opening our Unreal Tournament chapter. If anyone is interested in volunteering for the UT Chapter Leader staff position, send me a PM.

I <3 the game, but never have anyone to play with online. And the other 8 servers usually are at like, 290 ping to me. xD

UT3 Steam Achievements Revealed - New Content called Titan, Greed, Eradicator

Click here for the Steam Achievements list.

It reveals some new things coming with new content pack.

Gametypes named Titan and Greed, and something about Betrayal/Retribution:
UT3 Achievements said:
Can't Be Trusted: Grab 200 points worth of betrayal pots.
Avenger: 20 successful retributions against a betrayer.
Bag of Bones: Deliver 50 skulls in one score in Greed against adept or higher skilled bots.
Skull Collector: Score 500 skulls in Greed.
Titanic: Become a titan 20 times.
Behemoth: Become a Behemoth 10 times.
Unholy: 10 kills with every Titan weapon in one Titan transformation.

And a weapon called Eradicator:
UT3 Achievements said:
Eradication: Get 100 kills with the Eradicator.

I re-installed Unreal Tournament 3 through Steam Saturday night and plan on playing a few times this coming week. I still need to tweak my graphics settings for the best balance between image quality and performance, though. I fired up the game for a few minutes last night. The game looks fantastic, but the low framerate makes it very difficult to play.

loose all gore and taught chatter. set to a medium resolution. sometimes choosing a lower resolution will hurt your framerate. make your hud as small as possible (to your liking).
looks like a new install for me on steam :)

Back