Vent or TS?

does cga or toj have a mumble server, cuz if not I would just go with TS3 since cga has a server for that that's used for most other chapters.

The TS3 server has 32 slot and 55 channels most info can be seen here

I know toj has to play for the Vent server rental, I believe the TS3 is a free server, I don't know if Mumble server is free or has to be payed for.

Last edited:
We should go with TS3, since some of us already use it, that's one less program to download. Plus it would be easier that way to just hop in another channel if you switched games or wanted to talk to people playing other games.

Agree that use TS3 to start. Its already in place and many of use are already using it.

However when we reach end game we might want to consider other options for raids. 16 people in one channel in TS3 gets pretty poor quality. Especially if we are doing 2x 16 man raids.

If we have 40+ people playing nightly, renting a mumble server would be < $3 each for a year rental. ($0.25 a month each)

Last edited:
Agree that use TS3 to start. Its already in place and many of use are already using it.

However when we reach end game we might want to consider other options for raids. 16 people in one channel in TS3 gets pretty poor quality. Especially if we are doing 2x 16 man raids.

If we have 40+ people playing nightly, renting a mumble server would be < $3 each for a year rental. ($0.25 a month each)

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, but I'm thinking that TS would be the best option at least to begin with. That said, I'm comfortable with Vent too and would be happy with whatever is preferred by more people. I think I'll go ahead and just make a poll about it...

Cool beans.

If you want, i we can just to skype in the interim. My name on there is el3ment00.. I haven't used mumble before... I could, however host a vent/ts server at my house as I have 35/35 FiOS.. I live in the LA area..

Back