• Sunday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
Before I begin note that this upcoming Toj TF2 public game night is set to Thursday May 14 and will not be moved. With this arrangement in place and as things have settled down a bit I can now fulfill a request for a vote to determine if Toj members want the night moved. I will outlay the possible days below and the pros and cons of each. I will let this poll run at least a week if not more.

These are the days we have to choose from:

Thursday:
Pros: Our previous scrim practice nights have been on this night so I know a decent amount of people can attend. This day does not follow our match night of Tuesday so we get a break from TF2. It is my opinion that any days next to each other will decrease attendance by not allowing a "break".

Cons: One member is unavailable for this day plus a second member may only be able to make the latter half of the night. Soc has their 6 vs. 6 scrim nights on this day and it may be useful sometime to hit them up for practice. This of course would take away players from our server but then it's not a must do.

Wednesday:
Pros: Unknown player attendance?

Cons: It's L4D night and we would conflict with them. This day immediately follows our Tuesday TF2 match.

Sunday:
Pros: Allows space from Tuesday.

Cons: SoC schedules their public TF2 game nights on the weekend and I try not to conflict with other Christian groups. Church is on Sunday, duh. STA 6 vs. 6 Matches are on Sunday so if we ever create a team for that it will be in conflict. People seem to schedule family getaways and events the most for the weekend.

Friday:
Pros: Unknown player attendance?

Cons: A VIP player, Tek, is unavailable on this day (I almost removed this option Tek but I can't play favorites it wouldn't be fair to the guys who can't come other days :/ ). Possible family events conflict because it's on Friday as well.

I have removed the following days from the choices. Here are my reasons:

Saturday:
Pros: Allows maximum space from Tuesday.

Cons: Our last attempt to use this day for a match was a dismal failure. Intense spamming on my part only garnered only 8 players. Two members are know to have jobs on this night. People seem to schedule family getaways and events the most for this day too (at least 2 members were doing family things last time). The Toj COD chapter uses this day.

Monday:
Pros: Players seem available.

Cons: Our successful Toj Unreal Tournament night and I do not wish to conflict with them. STA has highlander 9 vs. 9 matches on this day and if we wish to expand our teams later we could not have public day then. Monday precedes Tuesday TF2 night.

Tuesday:
We just got done moving it off of this day for match night :p

Anyway there you have my thoughts. Add that the match team sign up thread http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31712&page=2 lists players unavailable on some days. While I do not wish to exclude anyone it's unavoidable that it will happen any day we choose.

Last edited:
Weekends are generally bad for me. I stay pretty busy either going home or having family here, but I would be available for some weekends. Overall I would definitely prefer Thursday.

Weekends are generally bad for me. I stay pretty busy either going home or having family here, but I would be available for some weekends. Overall I would definitely prefer Thursday.

Roger that. I was uncertain about you and edited the thread just before you posted but now I know :p .

Last edited:
voted Thursday, for the record.

Vote how you like. I purposely kept the voting names hidden so members would not feel alienated by the choices contrary to others. My preference is for whatever serves the most members best.

I do feel for anyone unable to come to our custom map night. Sarugon one of our medics is unable to attend Thursdays though he would really like to :/ . It is unknown how much of Thursday Tek will be able to attend as well, although Friday excludes him completely.

Last edited:
Now that God's having the family go to church again, I don't think I could make Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday. XD Those nights are taken.

Then again, that'll only leave about 30~45 minutes of play time. o.o

I'm not voting then. :p

Now that God's having the family go to church again, I don't think I could make Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday. XD Those nights are taken.

Then again, that'll only leave about 30~45 minutes of play time. o.o

I'm not voting then. :p

GWAHUH!?!?!? Ok if you got to go, you got to go T_T .

It is unknown how much of Thursday Tek will be able to attend as well, although Friday excludes him completely.
I found out last week that the Writers Workshop I plan on attending moved from meeting once a week to once every other week. (I found this out after driving downtown, ugh.) That means I'll be able to attend the event from the start time every other Thursday.

On the Thursdays I attend the Writers Workshop, I'll be able to join in around 9 p.m. Central.

Cons: A VIP player, Tek, is unavailable on this day
Aww, I'm a VIP. :)

(I almost removed this option Tek but I can't play favorites it wouldn't be fair to the guys who can't come other days :/ ).
No worries.

As stated before, Friday is my wife's late day at work. She usually gets home after 7 p.m., so I try to keep the remainder of the evening open to spend with her.

My main concern was being able to participate in our competition team. I enjoy our public game nights (especially our custom map playtest events), but competition, for me, is more fun and rewarding.

Last edited:
Back