VR's on farm, Magtheridon up next!

What day can you do Magtheridon?

• Total voters

Quantum_Man

Both Gruul and Void Reaver still need their own separate nights and so Magtheridon will have to be on a 3rd separate day as well, at least until we can reliably 1 shot Gruul/VR.

Please vote for the days you would be able to come to learn Magtheridon. It is not a long instance, there are 4 trash pulls of 3 mobs each, and then Mag.

Whatever day the majority of the progression team can go, we'll pick that day.

Progression team people obviously. If you've been to Void Reaver and are not on the progression team, you should vote too.

lurker is much easier than mag. most guilds skip mag and down lurker and tidewalker first, then go back to mag, then go to hydross, then karathress and leo.

I can do any of those days. Sunday is Hard unless the Raid Starts after 4:30pm ST. Church before games this will change in 2008 when my church time starts at 8am ST- 11am ST.

lurker is much easier than mag. most guilds skip mag and down lurker and tidewalker first, then go back to mag, then go to hydross, then karathress and leo.

I wouldn't say most guilds by any means--there are more that have killed Magtheridon than have any SSC bosses down, per wowjutsu. (Within just Cyclone battlegroup, it's tied, but Magtheridon has fallen more often than any single boss in SSC.)

Al'ar, on the other hand, is a ways off, harder than any except the final SSC boss.

WoWjutsu can be a bit deceiving at sometimes. I believed when Ugsneak joined Redeemed he already had the t5 shoulders from VR before we actually downed him and WoWjutsu confirmed us for downing VR before we actually did, the same may have happened with a few of the other guilds there.

WoWjutsu can be a bit deceiving at sometimes. I believed when Ugsneak joined Redeemed he already had the t5 shoulders from VR before we actually downed him and WoWjutsu confirmed us for downing VR before we actually did, the same may have happened with a few of the other guilds there.

I suspect those types of anomolies are limited in nature.

the reason for that is because mag was out for awhile, and most guilds thought ssc would be harder.

again, I don't always believe in what other people tells me, I look at the facts for myself.

I watched elite 1 shot gruul when they had gruul on farm; at the same time they cannot bring mag to below 50%.

the mag encounter has too many random events, and requires massive coordination of 80% of the raid members, that means if there is 1 weak link, the raid will wipe(click rotations and backups in case if the 2 people on the rotation die). most people think: what's so hard about clicking a box when you hear in vent "CLICK BOX NOW!" you'd be surprised.
especially after the ceiling starts to fall down, it gets harder.

lurker on the other hand, requires no trash pulls if you are willing to deal with the fish, or clear the trash pulls and making it even easier. the entire encounter can be reproduced every time, because the encounter, although having 2 phases, are highly repetitive, and the visibility is a lot better. coordination requirement is also minimal; as long as you are running for your life during spout(in the right direction of course), you'll live.

For Lurker, I do want to clear the trash so we boil the water and can jump in during spout.

Whew! Thank goodness our raiding priorities are in order ... I have been getting a little worried the last few weeks..

Edit: Pshaw, there is a real encounter-based reason this boiling water business? <so disappointed>

Back