Want a faster beta download?

Keero

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator
Someone said this earlier in the monster File Planet beta ticket thread but I'll try to remember the steps to download the files via utorrent or any other bittorrent program of your choice.

Windows 7 -
1) Run updater
2) Click Start Menu and select your user name (My case "Daniel")
3) Double click My Docments
4) Double click My Games
5) "" Final Fantasy XIV Beta Version
6) "" Downloads
7) "" ffxiv-beta

(should look something like this"C:\Users\*your user name*\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta"

8) There should be two folders within the ffxiv-beta folder with random characters (mine are "bca2a8ae" and "d96437e6" within those folders are a folder named "metainfo" in those folders are torrent files)

9) Open the files in whatever bittorrent program you use.

10) the path you want to download the files should be
"C:\Users\*your user name*\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads"

11) Once the torrents start close the ffxiv updater and let the bittorrent program finish downloading

12) once downloads are done delete the torrent from your bittorrent program
and run ffxiv to let it finish the update process.

My patcher stopped at 55% (was only uploading :(), so I did this and now it's up and running at 500k/b which means it'll be done in hours, not days.

/goes back to sleep

Mine is almost done now. I only have 1 more file to go, which is sitting at 14% (4.7 GB file). Much faster now.

So I finished the beta download with uTorrent, and then ran the Final Fantasy XIV Beta Version program again and it looks like it is still trying to download that 4.7 GB file... It is sitting at 51.9% even though my torrent says it is 100% downloaded

What the heck?

Make sure you "remove" the torrent info after it's done downloaded. Don't delete the file, just remove it from all queues. Should update the normal patcher (make sure the torrent is going to the right folder!)

And also make sure it is in the right place...it has to put the files right where they need to find them...if you DL'ed them to the wrong place, simply move them...

Hoping someone could help me out here.

I was telling Xiontawa about this earlier this morning, and he suggested it was Time Warner throttling my torrent speed:

awu8ti.jpg

Any suggestions? Or maybe explaining what exactly I'm looking at? lol I've never used BitTorrent or uTorrent before. Sorry if the photo is too big. I don't know how to resize it in BBC. Much appreciated.

Erm, that speed looks about right. I usually download games on Steam at 400k/bs, but the FF14 torrent is HORRIBLY slow.

Erm, that speed looks about right. I usually download games on Steam at 400k/bs, but the FF14 torrent is HORRIBLY slow.

Thanks, Keero. It's been running for 10 hours now, and I'm at 25%. Guess I'll just settle on the fact it's a trickle rather than a torrent. :p

Also, just to be sure, the downloaded torrents need to go in My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\bca2a8ae\patch (or d96437e6\patch respectively)?

I downloaded mine to the "...downloads\ffxiv-beta" folder...and that worked...also...my brother was getting 100KB/s on economy DSL...and I was getting over 1MB/s ...however, both his and my internet are set up for torrent downloading... :p

Back