Warhammer and server/time to play

Cassadine

Now that I have talked with Icthus and bought my preorder copy. Just wondering if they are going to set up servers the same way as WoW? Reason is that Redeemed on a west coast server and starting raid times of 6:30pm st or even 6pm st really seems to make things very hard or even eliminate the east coast people from raiding. Myself along with the others that want to play Warhammer were going to be looking at something that starts more on Central or even Mountain time. We wanted to be in Redeemed but we can't stay up until 1am est anymore to raid because of going by west coast time. Even 1 hour earlier is a big help along with the ping time to server which does matter for pvp. This along with not being on one of the original beta servers seems to be good since they are overcrowded when the games go live.

We were also leaning towards Destruction side of things since it seems from past experience that the older crowd along with experienced pvp players from past MMO games tend to swing that way (towards the evil side).

Just some thoughts and wondering what was on other people's minds that are planning on playing Warhammer.

Cassadine

Last edited:
Probably best to bring this up in the new warhammer forums Cass. I think Icthus has been doing some planning around that.

Inkelis, I think there will be some people who will try Warhammer. Some people will switch right over. Some will not try. Some who try will not switch. And then some will play both so long as there are friends in both.

Yeah, agreed, all of the above will happen and then when WotLK comes out in November, it all happens in reverse again, LOL

edit: Oh and Cass, you can visit toj.cc/war now to get to the redeemed warhammer forums.

Last edited:
Now that I have talked with Icthus and bought my preorder copy. Just wondering if they are going to set up servers the same way as WoW? Reason is that Redeemed on a west coast server and starting raid times of 6:30pm st or even 6pm st really seems to make things very hard or even eliminate the east coast people from raiding. Myself along with the others that want to play Warhammer were going to be looking at something that starts more on Central or even Mountain time. We wanted to be in Redeemed but we can't stay up until 1am est anymore to raid because of going by west coast time. Even 1 hour earlier is a big help along with the ping time to server which does matter for pvp. This along with not being on one of the original beta servers seems to be good since they are overcrowded when the games go live.

I agree that the activities times need to be friendlier to more people than just the West-coasters/Mountain timers(I am on the East Coast, so I definitely know what you mean).

We were also leaning towards Destruction side of things since it seems from past experience that the older crowd along with experienced pvp players from past MMO games tend to swing that way (towards the evil side).

Just some thoughts and wondering what was on other people's minds that are planning on playing Warhammer.

Cassadine

I believe that the more mature people went Horde because they had superior PVP skills (better offensive racials). So we may not see the more mature people going to the "dark side" this time around because what is available to one side is also available to the other side. I do like the way some of the Destruction classes look though (Zealot and Magus are my favorites so far... though I have yet to play them).

Cassadine

Also an east coaster, I would like to see a centralized server selection. Staying up past midnight during the week is not likely to happen for me.

I have to disagree with your assesment of which side the older crown chooses. The only MMO I can honestly say had a clear majority of older, more experienced pvp players on the "evil" side is SWG (empire). In WOW, from the beginning, Horde side has been the kid's choice and, in my opinion, still is. I think spending one afternoon reading the chat on Horde side would show the proof of that. I think it just worked out for Horde players (for the most part) that they had a built in edge, rather than any conscious calculation (again, at the beginning at least). Once Horde dominance in pvp was established, folks went that way-people want to be on the winning side.

As far as "leaning towards destruction" goes; I had not heard that. If fact, I believe that "we" took a poll and "we" were definitely "leaning" towards Order. I believe we will have a guild on both sides of the war, and I will probably roll chars on both sides, so it isn't a big deal to me, other than just plain old wanting Redeemed to be on the side of the "good guys".

I am also in EST, however, I do not get off work until 11:30pm EST, so actually, having a west coast server works very well for me...the current game and server I am on really sucks because it is a central server, and all raids usually start at around 9pm EST time, so I never get to raid...

It would be my hope that we are large enough to have continuous raiding from East coast to West Coast.

Since raiding is PvP non instanced based it will be possible to jump into the fray at any time most nights.

Do we have an estimate of the time some of you benevolent peoples who were in closed beta will be playing during open beta so we can hang out with experienced noobs? It would help me to know what hours I can be packing/sorting and what hours I should look forward to some fun.

Same here. 9 or 9:30 being Pacific time. I tend to game after the kids are in bed for a couple reasons:

1) I like my kids and have fun spending time with them.
2) Keeping the domestic faction up is a good thing. :D

WARNING (again)... above link apparently a little more "mature" than I realized. Sorry (but I thought funny)

Back