Warlocks...

Skibabinz

I love their play style, I love their mechanics, but I just can't seem to get past the whole dark arts, demon tamer gig. I've played on some of my friends' warlocks in the past and done really well, its just idk. I can't seem to get past that.

Thoughts? =/

If your personal discernment doesn't feel right playing the class, by all means, don't do it. Regardless of the games we play, if we ever get the feeling that it's "wrong" to play something, then stop. It's your conscience nudging you.

And though I agree, WoW Warlocks are teh ubar fun, stay away if it's bothering you. It's better to have peace of mind than feel uncomfortable playing as one.

While you could always switch off from the Demonology spec, I would say roll either a Mage, or similar RDPS.

Yea true. See I got a bit of an issue with picking classes. I ALWAYS seem to, for some reason, weigh the pro's and con's, but I always take to heart the con's more. For example, I see a massive nerf and think "Wow, this isn't going to make me as competitive" it just kinda kills it for me on that class. Another example would be when I see "Yea they can deal great damage, but it takes so much micromanaging that if you mess up once you're essentially doomed", thus when I play said spec/class I just get so paranoid I make a mistake lol.

I'll list some of the things about the various classes I dont really care to much for:

Warlock - dark arts/demonish stuff
Warrior - New rage generation, constantly rage starved
Druid - None really
Priest - Never really healed on one, but having their execute dealing so much damage to you sucks. Not to mention a dps CD they have is called Dark Evangelism, which I suppose is demon-esq.
Rogue - Meh never really cared enough to level one.
Hunter - I love BM, but it always seems to be bottom of the charts. Boy do I miss the BC days. I do however like how MM hits like a train now.
Shaman - I dont really like how enhance has pretty awful AoE. Not only that, I still kind of feel inferior to other damage specs since its classically been a mid - bottom of the pack damage class.
DK - I can't seem to grasp how to deal damage on them or something. I can follow elitist jerks all day long and still mess it up. Also, my main was a DK tank in wotlk, not to mention I currently have him 84, nearly 85. This is also another thing that has me confused, I don't care to much for the warlock ish stuff, but I can play a axe wielding necrotic zombie cow? >.>
Mage - Fire is to RNG, especially with the low crit of todays gear. Not tried the others. Also mages generally suck to level for some reason.
Paladin - I love the holy centric view they got. Ret has to be my favorite 2 hand spec.

Last edited:
Back