Warmonger/ UT 3 type...

Blackbeard

Hi all, here is a link: http://www.warmongergame.com/ , to download or check out the free Multiplayer game called WARMONGER, it uses the UT 3 engine along with Physx, you don't have to have a Physx card to play the game, but the damage is on a much more Intense Level if you have one. I enjoy this game because the maps are like old UT with a war ravaged look, very open and large, yet I was amazed at the level of destruction without a Physx card, I may just ask for one for my Birthday[my wife would probably get me something to exercise with instead, LOL], Cya all online :)

Looks interesting. The industry has been working towards more destructible environments since Red Faction's very limited ones. Nice to see it finally happen.

yes It is nice to see a little more[and accurate] animation in explosions, One Big hangup is that Servers are Very Hard to find since there is no search funtion to help you find a place to play, I have been starting my own server and running the game that way, works pretty good, enjoy MG ^_^

What's ironic is that my notebook is up to the task of playing UT3 but doesn't meet the required specs for Warmonger.

I guess I'll be sitting this one out.

On a related note: I vaguely remember reading that a key figure at one of the major developers (id Software or Epic, I can't remember which) said that physics cards won't catch on for a variety of reasons.

I should try to dig up that article and post a link here.

For me, I hope it doesn't. That would be just one more thing I would need to throw money at when I build my new gaming rig.

I agree and hope you are right Tek, In the past companies have said with the proper video card you would not need a Physx card, but some of the recent game titles include many destructable Items, I mean basically every Piece in the game can be destroyed[you know what I mean], and to compensate for the lack of the Ageia Physx card, the companies are writing the Physx properties into the game, these are like video codecs that allow us to see the destruction without a card, many titles are using this form now, but with a Physical Physx card the destruction level is much more Intense[so they say as I have never actually seen a game played with a Physx card]. I also thought I would never need one and as long as these Ageia Physx codecs keep working I might not, only time will tell :)

Back