Warning: DO NOT GIVE MY TOONS ANYTHING

Guilo Tal

Do not give my toons anything if they are online and do not respond to any mail sent out.

I got an email from Blizzard stating that someone else has been logging into my account and that they have changed my password. Also day before yesterday I kept getting disconnected over and over and over again... this could have been someone else trying to log into my account. I'll be working on doing a virus scan and changing my password.

If you are able to, have you changed your password? And 6 dollars for the Authenticator is worth it. Or a $1 for the phone version if you cell phone supports it.

Blizzard changed the password for me, if I do end up having a keylogger I'd rather not go in and change it again... I'll have to get that authenticator though.

I have it back according to Blizzard... they changed the password and I need to go and change it back to whatever I want they said... but I won't be doing that until I figure out if I have a keylogger/virus/etc. on my computer... but my account should be safe now I think.

You can log onto your account manager from a work computer (assuming the website hasn't been locked down at the firewall) and change the password from a known clean computer.

On a side not, I have never heard of blizzard following this policy. Normally they lock down the account with an email that says : LOL, we locked down your account, good luck at getting it back. LOL

Well, the emails are from Blizzard Entertainment and WoWAccountAdmin@blizzard.com, and my password was reset for my battle.net account, and has links to several places on the Blizzard website showing their security reccomendations and it's all us.blizzard.com stuff, so if it's not really Blizzard, then someone is VERY good at faking it...

They are good but what happens is you follow a link on the email and there is a redirector to a page that looks authentic until you look at the actual website. I'm just saying, be careful bud. I really don't want to be in the position to say: I told you so!

Just to be safe I demoted all your toons to Meditation to prevent access to the Guild bank, once you get everything straightened out let myself or one of the other officers know and we'll promote you back.

Thanks for the info guys, I checked into the links and they are in fact from Blizzard according to their contact info/phone numbers/etc. I even was stupid enough after learning that to click on one of the links just to make sure (yes, I can be stupid and curious at the same time... I can multitask!!!) and it took me to the official Blizzard website.

EDIT: Virus scan is still running but it hasn't found anything yet.

Last edited:
Virus scan came up with nothing... and I got my password back (a different one, of course) but there's still a problem.

They must have been naughty on my account and got me a temporary ban.

Last edited:
Virus scan came up with nothing... and I got my password back (a different one, of course) but there's still a problem.

They must have been naughty on my account and got me a temporary ban.
Same thing happened to my account during BC. My account got hacked by a key-logger and then when I got my account back I still couldn't play for 2 weeks because I was banned and they got me permanently banned from the Wowforums. Still can't access them lol.

Back