Wednesday 13 August, 2014

ursen

Officer SOE/LoE/Where's "here"?
2 Timothy 3:16-17 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

16 All Scripture is inspired by God[a] and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

This is another key verse for all Christians, God's word is our basis for learning about Him, and making us ready to do the right thing at all times. Sunday the Corps Officer surprised me, by calling on me to pray to close out the service with no warning. I was ready though, even if my job for Sunday is running the sound, where I can hide out of the way. How? By trying to be close to God at all times, being
trained in righteousness
through God's word. Was I embarrassed when after the service I commented on being asked why he asked me, and he said that a man of God is always ready? You bet, because I don't see myself as a "man of god", just a stumbling, fumbling follower of Christ. It is the study of God's Word that makes us ready for all situations though, not ourselves in our own efforts. It is God's Holy Word that makes us men and women of God as we pray for insight through the Holy Spirit.

Back