Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Durruck

Pirate!
And so my last post for the year in the VotD forums... I want to share a small encouragement as we approach the New Year. As you make your resolutions, I would suggest that you consider adding "follow God" to yours.

I know what many of you are thinking. "I'm not good enough" or "that person over there is better" or "I don't know whatim doing" or any number of other self-demeaning things. I was there too. I visit that lie frequently. But the Bible tells us a different story.

But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, (1 Corinthians 1:27, 28 NIV)​

You see, we are never truly "good enough." No one can be. Yet God loves to pick those that seem to be least likely to do anything to do amazing things. David was the smallest and youngest of his family, yet became the King of all of Israel. Nothing good ever comes from Nazareth, until Jesus. Moses stuttered. Paul hunted Christians and had them killed. Matthew was a hated tax collector. Mark abandoned the disciples on his first missionary journey and went home. Rahab was a prostitute. Nehemiah was a slave. Jonah hated the Assyrians.

The list goes on, and on, and on. never think that God can't use you. You would be surprised to see how many ways He has already used you to accomplish His will. But this year, let's be intentional about making ourselves available for whatever tasks He wants us for.

Back