Wednesday, June 27 Stress Test Announced

Taran

Anet has just announced an upcoming stress test for their servers. We will be able to play for four hours during this coming Wednesday, June 27th.

We were very pleased with how our servers performed during our second Beta Weekend Event, but we want to gather additional data on how they operate under load before the next one.

That’s where you come in.

All players who have pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 are invited to participate in our upcoming stress test. This four-hour test event will run on Wednesday, June 27th, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. PDT (GMT-7).

We won’t wipe characters for this event, so if you played in our previous betas, you can pick up right where you left off. All we need you to do is log in and have fun—leave the stress to us!

Source: http://www.arena.net/blog/help-us-stress-our-servers-on-june-27

Wahhh!!!! No fair, I gotta work! :mad:

You'd think the point of a stress test would be to get as many people ingame as possible and stress out the servers, but I'm sure many folks are in my position and have to be at work during the day.

Anet said on their twitter/facebook that GW2 has a large non-US player base in response to the playtime for the stress test. I'm assuming this is more to stress European servers than American ones.

A church friend has surgery on the 26th as well. I'm staying Mon and Tues to help out. Going home Wed.. but hoping it's before it starts!!!!!!!!!

I'm taking the stance that it's better I work all day that day. Not only will I make more money to fund my studies abroad, but it will keep me from falling into the trap. 4 hours for GW2? That's like eating only one pistachio, impossible.

I'll be relaxing at the beach that whole week with no gaming-quality internet available. If I wasn't there, i'd be at work, so no big loss either way :)

The odds have finally caught up to me. After being rescheduled 3 times my mothers surgery is on that day. Oh well can't hit them all.

As much as I love lag... I don't think I'm going to change my schedule around much just to play in an event designed to CREATE LAAAAAAAAG. I'll wait for the BWE.

Actually, I played during the last stress test and I expected it to be super laggy but it wasn't. The gameplay for me was as smooth as the beta weekends have been.

My computer is on the "newer" end but it's still 3 years old so not super-duper high end. I have a 1g Radeon card and 8g ram.

That is a strange time for a test......but i will have to work from panera that day for sure.

It's that time slot so the europeans can be the primary audience. It was about 5am last time durinjg the finale, so they didn't have a chance to try it out.

Back