Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Durruck

Pirate!
Today's verse comes from Psalm 119, as well.

I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.​

The psalmist is struggling with how one can keep to the paths of righteousness? How can we keep from doing wrong in the eyes of the Lord?

Deuteronomy 6:6-9 says,

These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.​

That's how we hide the Lord's Word in our hearts - through constant study and discussions. If we never read the Word, we cannot know the Word. If we do not know the Word, we cannot live the Word. If we cannot live the Word, we cannot be like the Word. Why is that a big deal?

John 1:1-4 says,

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.​

Jesus is the Word. If we do not read the Word, we cannot know Jesus, cannot live like Jesus.

Read the Word - live the Word. OT and NT and now. Thanks for the reminder.

Back