What do I need for TF2?

rizz

Ok, so what do i need to play TF2? What software and hardware... This is my laptop..

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li1818 002 main specifications –
• Intel Dual Core T2080 Processor
• Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium
• 1.73GHz
• 1MB Cache
• 533Mhz
• 120GB Hard Drive
• DVD ReWriter
• 2GB Memory
• Wireless Enabled
• 128MB Intel GMA 950
• 17 inch Widescreen Display

Will it run? I want to get on teh servers and learning how to play the game.

No I don't think so. IN fact I think you would be lucky to get past the menu screen. I have a laptop with similar specs and it doesn't even get close. The game is worth a system upgrade though :D

Ehhh, I don't think it'll be playable.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest Om nom nom.

Even then though, some super high-end systems have horrible frame rates. It's something to do with Dual-Cores and Source.

I can PM you my Steam details and will let you play since I'm banned (all nighters) from games this month if you would like.

Meh, looks like I am out of luck on that one.. My only hope is that my wifes laptop dies and i can encourage her to get a decent replacement ;)

huh? His only shortcoming is the onboard graphics. If this was a desktop he would only need to upgrade his video card and be good to go.:

amd athlon xp 2400+
1.5 gigs ram
nforce 2 based mobo
sb audigy SE
windows xp mce
radeon 9600XT agp

his system is loads faster than mine in every regard EXCEPT the video card and that's what will hold you back rizz..:(

Sadly upgrades are out of the question at the moment... Got some big payouts coming.. But its nice to know all i have to do is stick a laptop GPU card in and i can get it on with TF2

Whoa, sticking in a laptop GPU card depends entirely on the architecture of your exisitng laptop. Based on what I can see, your Intel card is integrated into your motherboard and there's no way to use an expansion card for your lappy.

Sorry! :(

I'm trying to figure out if running this game on my computer is worth it as well. Right now I'm running:
Athlon X2 4200+
2 GB RAM
Radeon X1300 w/ 256 MB
Windows Vista Home Premium

And then I'm looking at moving to a laptop with these specs:
Turion X2 TL60 (2.0 Ghz, 800 Mhz FSB, 1 MB cache)
4 GB RAM
Radeon HD 2600 w/ 512 MB DDR2
Vista Home Premium

I'm sure either system will run it, but I don't want to get it and then be like "My computer's slow."

you'll most likely have to reduce your visual settings a bit but it'll run. laptop versions of the desktop parts are very often sliced by half in terms of capabilities to match the power and thermal envelopes.

Valve should be doing another free weekend come Tuesday, so you can try it then if they do hold it.

Valve should be doing another free weekend come Tuesday, so you can try it then if they do hold it.

Did I miss something? When did Tuesday become part of the weekend? :D

Yea Dan, Valve's done free weekends with each new content pack release, so sit tight for a few more days and you'll see an announcement soon. (Too bad I won't be around that weekend :p)

Missed it in the Steam post...

To give all gamers a chance to check out the new gameplay introduced in "The Heavy" update, Valve will be running a Team Fortress 2 Free Weekend via Steam, a leading online platform for the delivery and management of PC games. The Free Weekend is open to gamers the world over and scheduled to begin Friday, August 22 at 11 am PDT.

Last edited:
Excellent!

I'll see if I can convince my wife to give TF2 another try since it's already pre-loaded on her notebook computer.

Back