What do you want from the UT Chapter?

Shagz

Hey guys,

I'm just starting this thread to gather some information. Basically: What do you want to see the UT chapter become? What do you want it to accomplish? What would you like to get from it? Would you like to see some formal structure come into play when it comes to gaming online or would you like to keep things informal and loose?

We already sorta started talking about this at the bottom of this thread, have a read over there if you want some background info.

What I've gathered so far:
- Everybody seems to want to have a regular time to meet at on the server and game with each other and communicate
- There's a general desire to put a team together and compete, if there's enough player interest to form a team

So, let's hear from ya...what else do you want to see happen in the ToJ UT Chapter? Disagree with one of the above? Let us know.

I think it is going nicely.. The main concern is getting the admin fully functional and once we have the ability to control the server we are far more open to doing something with the chapter...

i.e. once we can lock it we can setup scrims and practices..I however just play for fun and will be quite happy showing off my scorpion skillz0rz and dying horribly.

Well, I think we're doing pretty good with the server Plankeye has set up for us. I have no complaints about uptime or crashes, but then again I haven't been involved in a crash yet. Had a very enjoyable game last night with Tek7, stumpt, Coldsteel and I believe Elihu was there too. Hectic! And all the other players were well behaved too.

Anyways, if you have questions JFreak, might as well post 'em here, as good a place as any.

PS - CS, I didn't want to switch teams because Red was losing at that point and I didn't want to "run" in the middle of a fight.
smile.gif

ok well um the server is down right now and i look foward to playing it now that i got a ram upgrade : ) i plays sweet now

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagz @ July 06 2004,7:25)]PS - CS, I didn't want to switch teams because Red was losing at that point and I didn't want to "run" in the middle of a fight.
Yeah I noticed that, np. Maybe it will be full with fellow ToJ'rs some day and there won't have to be no switching.
biggrin.gif

I sure do miss the Tuesdays. I was off work today. I'll be online later playing somewhere.

At any rate, I'm just happy that we actually have a server, regardless of whether it's up on Tuesdays or not. "Gift horse" in my opinion.

K, so any other suggestions/requests/ideas beyond what I mentioned above?

The Tuesday thing may be temporary. I want to get another weeks worth of traffic and cpu usage reports before I enable the UT2004 server on Tuesdays.

I may overestimate my skills, but I would quite like to join a competition team. I've been playing since '99, and there was only one person at the CGA con who was as good as I was, Eagle.

So if anyone else wants a team, maybe we could get one together. I would like that.

Keep posting folks, especially those interested in a team so we'll know numbers.

I got Kraniac, I assume Coldsteel, you'd be in for a team? Others?

i thought we didnt have bots on the server but when i got on it had 3 and im not sure about the team for me maybe i want test my skill aginst you guys
biggrin.gif
and it is fun ramming mantas with mantas lol i had fun today

P.S. Any pointers would be much appreciated. Like what settings are good, etc... I'm used to CS, and I played the UT demo, which by comparison was incredibly...spastic? I'm sure I'll get used to it, but any help easing into a new game would be...well...helpful.

*goes off to find Tim the Enchanter*

Great EspressoMachine , I'll add you to my buddy list , man is it growing, wooot
I have most of my settings to normal for online. I turn them wide open when playing single player offline. Man i love my ati 9800xt , totally awesome graphics. I'm stuck on dial up so excuse the ping.
Yes I'm up for a team but weekday eve's are out for me because of evening shift. after 12:45 am I am good though. 9am-12:30pm are ok too. I should be off every Sunday for just about any time after church. Sat. are ? for me, sometimes I have to work.

I am very interested in playing on a team with you guys regularly, I am free just about any day of the week (but I'm leaving saturday for a couple of weeks with my youth group), at just about any time of the day
biggrin.gif
. So count me in!

oh yeah, and this is a bit off topic, but I have to tell you guys and I don't want to make a new thread about it: Yesterday I was playing on one of those quamer servers TDM and there were 3 guys on the enemy team against me and another guy, they killed my friend and then they all magicly decided to go to one spot
biggrin.gif
so I whipped out my shock rifle and I killed all 3 of them with a shock combo!!! Man that was awesome. OK, I'm done.

-Killerah

Back